Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / using the programs

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
i recently donwloade darkbasic pro, and all of the other programs that came with it. i tihnk fps creator comes in the mail? anyway i have all the files in a folder. i can open darkbasic pro and use it normally. but how do i use treemagic, shader pro, plant life and stuff that like? how do i make trees and maps and characters. i know how to make a cube but i just put random stuff like "MAKE OBJECT ORC" or "MAKE OBJECT SCORPION"? XD i ea idk where the objects come from. idk what to do i look at tutorials but it tells me about the language i dont see anything character making or map making. do i have to get fps creator to start making maps?

mr.awesome
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 11:22
DBP has commands to create 'primitive' objects ie cube, sphere, cone, plane. If you wish to have things like scorpions in your game, you will have to make them outside of DBP and then load them in using the LOAD OBJECT command.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I already explained in your other thread...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197824&b=7

j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
oh ok i got 3d modeler. ill use that. thanks. i just had to restart my pc to see the programs i downloaded.

mr.awesome
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 11:29
I can help with those apps if needs be as mentioned in another thread, can you list the various programs you purchased?

j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
DarkBASIC Professional
Dark Lights
Dark Physics
DarkBASIC Electronic
Dark Shader
eXtends
Treemagik G3
Plant Life
DarkMATTER 1
DarkVOICES
DarkGAME Studio
FPS Creator FREE
TGC Points x 500
fps creator has not came in just yet.

mr.awesome
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 01:02
Quote: "fps creator has not came in just yet."

I do not have this version of FPSC I have the silly version...
but I will leave the FPSC board for you to peruse for support but the other DBP stuff I could possibly help with...

let me know what things you would like a totorial on in some sort of order

Big Dog Game Studios
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 08:26
You download the FPS Free version anymore... just go here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2001&page=Free

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 10:11
BDGS... what¿

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 13:45
Quote: "BDGS... what¿"

Translation: BDGS = 3DGS = 3d Game Studio

TL Note: We could be wrong in our translation as Dragon196584, our main translator of Garbagi, is in hospital.

j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
awe i didnt see the good sale for fps oh well. can you include plant life and treemagik stuff in fps?

mr.awesome
j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
and i will just wait until my fps comes in the mail. ok ill try everything myself then ask you for tutorials on topics that completely stump me hahah. such as dbp with the language. i read all of the tutorials but they dont help that much.

mr.awesome
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 08:32
Quote: " i read all of the tutorials but they dont help that much."

Try reading these.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 12:50
nonZero - you a funny little man arent you >.<

j_man123 - no worries

nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 15:22
Quote: "nonZero - you a funny little man arent you"

Funny? Well, maybe. Little? Not quite. Trust me when I say there's nothing little about me. In fact I'm rather large.

*Disclaimer: Neither I nor my brand and affiliates take any responsibility for what inuendos may or may not be read into this post. I was referrering exclusively to my height and build. Anything else that may proportionally coincide with those factors, such as arms or fingers, is purely coincidental and merely a by-product of my size.

j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
thanks hodgey that helps, but my question still isnt answered. i need to know if my money was well spent....can i make trees in treemagik and put the trees in my fps game? same with plantlife. ill figure out the darkvoices later i KNOW they can be put in the fps. wish there were more video tutorials. i dont necessarily have the time to read pages. still deciding if i want game making to be my career. my other choice is herpetology.....but if i do become a game designer i'd love to join valve. i just need a good video tutorial on how to get started using each program. such as plant life, tree magik, 3d designer, and other programs. yes i have tried to watch other videos and i have read stuff but i just need a little bit more.

mr.awesome
j_man123
Years of Service
User Offline
just looked at my other thread my question has been answered haha. still requesting video tutorials. other than that i'll wait until fps creator comes in the mail and ill be reading about my programs i have now.

mr.awesome

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 12:58:20
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 12:58:20