Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / [X9] The LaernU Test

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 18:23 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2012 18:23

Developer: Not Human Productions

Information:
This game was created first like a prototype game for the 7 Days FPS Challenge, that was a Game Jam that consist in create a FPS game prototype in only 7 days. But later the concept of the game was very good, so I going to continue with the game development.

You can follow the progress of the game in IndieDB also:
http://www.indiedb.com/games/the-laernu-test

Story: You has been kidnapped by the Korut Company and taked to one mistery place to be evaluated through one experimental tests to see the reactions of one person in diferent situations that you are tested.

Description:
The Laernu Test is a FPS not one FPP game(First Person Puzzle), it has one very strong component of resolve-puzzle, but still you have some weapons and more things that help you to pass all the test of the game.

Screens:

Video:

Gameplay Video of the Game Prototype used for the 7 Days FPS Challenge:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5SSSbs_6JDk&list=UUzkhCRcZVnKNFrYEs9xbZvw&index=1&feature=plcp
unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 13:10
This looks really good. I was going to make a comment about the wall and floor texture, but, after watching the video, i think they work very well for this game. I like how you have made different segments with different textures rather than using overlays for the arrows and other guiding markers.

Good job.

Hope to see more soon and hopefully, a playable demo!?

Unfamillia

[url=www.touchoffear.webs.com][/url]
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
The video reminds me of Portal

It's nice to see something that isn't so dark like most FPSC games.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 17:05
Very Good and very different, takes me back to the old days.

Hope to see more.
JerooKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jun 2012 22:13
Quote: "This looks really good. I was going to make a comment about the wall and floor texture, but, after watching the video, i think they work very well for this game. I like how you have made different segments with different textures rather than using overlays for the arrows and other guiding markers.

Good job.

Hope to see more soon and hopefully, a playable demo!?"

Thanks, glad you like the game, and yes I used that stile of textures in the game because is a particular stile that give some simple aspect but good, I don't want that only was a white wall with some specular.

And there is some playable build that was used for the 7 Days FPS Challenge but is only the level of the video and is not all corrected, maybe in this days I upload that build but with the bug-fix.

Quote: "The video reminds me of Portal

It's nice to see something that isn't so dark like most FPSC games. "

Its a simple game with puzzle and some FPS mechanics like Portal, but there are no portals, and the story in the game is more crazy even that Portal and other games

Quote: "Very Good and very different, takes me back to the old days.

Hope to see more. "

Thanks!
And yes that was my principal intention to make the game different that the usually FPSC Games and do something good, also based in all the experience of the FPS games that I played.
geistschatten
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Its a simple game with puzzle and some FPS mechanics like Portal, but there are no portals, and the story in the game is more crazy even that Portal and other games"

I know, I'm just saying it has a Portal-type feel to it. I'm downloading it right now
Bugsy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 05:39
do you mind sharing some insight into how you did the cool arm-raise jump/fall animation for this? I've done it before in a variety of ways but it looks very nice here.

JerooKiller
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 06:38
Quote: "do you mind sharing some insight into how you did the cool arm-raise jump/fall animation for this? I've done it before in a variety of ways but it looks very nice here.
"

Yes, for the build of the Game for the Game Jam, I used the modificated old script of TZK for the Body of the Player (Not the new script because it dont work for me very good), also I changed the Aspect Ratio of the Game for that when the player is falling he see his hands when he falls, but there is some bug or problem that when you have one weapon you still have the arms of the default model plus the arms of the weapon, so you have in totally 4 arms But my intend is to fix that bug creating customised animations with the weapons for when you are jumping and falling.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:28:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:28:23