Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Mac minimum spec.

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jun 2012 23:27
I'm developing an a game using AppGameKit on a Windows PC. Ok, so let's assume I finish it, I test it using the AppGameKit player(?) on my iPad and everything is cool. Am I right in saying that if I actually wanted to publish it, I would need to get my hands on an Apple Mac? If so, can anyone tell me what is the minimum spec. for the Mac so I can get myself the cheapest one possible. Apologies if this is a daft question, I know next to nothing about Macs.

"Happiness is contrary to the human condition" --White (to Black)
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 01:24
I asked this before, but nobody answered.

-- Jim
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 01:26 Edited at: 23rd Jun 2012 01:27
Yes, you need a Mac to build an app in Xcode (don't worry, there is lots of help for this on this forum).

Pretty much any Mac will work for you, as long as it is Intel based (I think).

I went for a Mac Mini (I had plenty of monitors, mice and keyboards to connect to it).

A Mac Mini is probably your least cost option, if you have the peripherals to connect to.

You will also need to sign up with Apple's iOS Developer program, $99/year.

EDIT: You will want enough memory to build, so the more the better. I don't think Apple makes a Mac device that doesn't have enough memory, disk, etc. to work with AppGameKit builds.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 17:09
Thanks very much Ancient Lady, really appreciate the information. I want to do it all on the cheap as I'm not really looking to make money out of an app. Developing is how I have fun. It'd be an achievement to actually publish a free app though!

"Happiness is contrary to the human condition" --White (to Black)
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jun 2012 20:03
Good luck with your app!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 06:11:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 06:11:29