Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Work in Progress / The Reckoning(Multiplayer FPS)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 07:33
Hi. The past few weeks I've been working on a sci-fi team based multiplayer shooter.(Yeah it's generic and cliche) haha

(Generic) Story:
In 2045, Earth is invaded by force from the planet , Arkan. After 10 years of war the Arkans conquer earth and enslave the population that's left. The Global Liberation Front, a group of rebel fighters, is the last armed force fighting against the Arkans. After taking back numerous sectors they have become a much larger force than the Arkans had originally expected. The greatest war ever fought in the galaxy is about to begin...

You can play as either an Arkan or GLF.

There's not too much to say about it. If you've played a multiplayer shooter you should know what to expect.

Level I'm working on takes place in the Slums.

Thanks for looking. Any suggestions or new ideas please fire away.
I'll be posting more as I work on it.
Mr Kohlenstoff
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 15:25
Looks very nice. I like the overall mood and atmosphere created by the ~unusual lighting (natural daylight is not what I'd expect from a generic sci-fi-shooter, tbh ).

Will there be a video soon? I'd really like to see some gameplay.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
I like the textures, and level maps. Has a good feel to it.

Sergey K
Years of Service
User Offline
its too good to be dbp! no offence!

it looks amazing man! and its multiplayer wich make it even better..

Advanced Updater for your games!
xcal1ber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 06:22 Edited at: 26th Jun 2012 23:04
Haha!! Nope its Dark basic all the way. I've worked hard on my texture work and modeling to keep the poly count down. And getting on constant 60 fps with zero slow down on all my PCs. Hopefully as I progress it will look better.

Once I polish it up some more and add a couple more features I will definitely be posting a gameplay video. Keep on checking back.

I am super open for suggestions and ideas that people would like to see in a game so please let me know.

Thanks for the comments
Xcal1ber
Fluffy Rabbit
User Banned
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 23:22
Looks like you have some issues to sort out with the HUD and the shading on your gun models. In DarkBASIC Pro, I would expect things to look a little smoother, TBH.
cyril
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 00:45
Looks Great. I would like to know are you using any other optimising tricks or is just pure polygon crunching.

Additional note: The post between Sergey's and Fluffy's disappeared...but that's the post am replying to.
xcal1ber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jun 2012 09:32
Thanks.
Pretty much the only real optimization that has been done is poly count. Like on the level, making sure back faces and everything that can't be seen by a player are deleted. Those kind of things. As I go along I'll probably find some new tricks for more technical optimization.

Some new additions
-Basic HUD
-Bullet count
-Health bar
-Arkan Rifle
-Modeled
-Began texturing
-Choose Team Function(not fully working but Sound Effects and Weapons are different based on what team is selected.
-Bullet Casings
-Object Smoothing

Some new screenshots with the Arkan Rifle

xcal1ber
xcal1ber
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 08:54
Been working on some new game play mechanics. So not only can you select the team but you can select one of three classes with in each team. Each with different playing styles and strengths and weaknesses.

Tactical- The all around class. Good a pretty much anything. Medium range weapon, Overall pretty accurate. But still have to be some what stealthy and probably want to try to pick off enemies at a little bit of a distance.

Assault- The "Call Of Duty" class. The person who doesn't care about their KDR and just likes to run around firing. Close Range Weapon, Low accuracy and very fast.

Sniper/Recon- Speaks for itself. Take enemies out from a distance. Slow moving and firing its probably not a good idea to get into a fire fight. But who knows you might get a lucky one hit kill.

Gonna start modeling out the guns and finishing that up.
Here's a list of the guns I hope to get done for the game.

These were just designed using a program called Pimp My Gun. Its awesome for coming up with cool gun ideas.

And Here's a pic of the ARK-R that i've sort of tweaked since my last post.

Also I'm going to start working on a menu interface and ui. Hopefully in the next week or so ,once I finish up the level(got to add some good sniper spots and details), I should be set on recording a little gameplay video of what I've got so far.

xcal1ber

PS Any Killzone fans here?
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Pimp My Gun is a good idea for someone to improve on these forums. What I found when I tried it out is that I didn't know where the parts go. So autolocking would be good, and random build would also be good. Then Sci-fi, and colour.. etc. Somebody should make it.

Red Eye
Years of Service
User Offline
Looks great! And nice progress. If you need any beta testing let me know .

Cheers,

Fuzz
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 12:16 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 12:51
This looks really cool! Can't wait to play it. I love the look of the map.

What modes will there be?

I've got some ideas:

Deathmatch
Team Deathmatch
Capture The Flag
Capture and Hold (Capture points on the map and hold them as long as you can)
Assault (Similar to CAH but once a point has been taken they can't be re-taken)

Will there be unlocks? (Character models, weapons/attachments, sidearms, grenades/equipment)

To be honest, unlocks are what really keep me playing a game.

This could really be something!

EDIT: I think you should halve the amount of muzzle flash.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 11:16:43
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 11:16:43