Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / iOS - GetResumed()

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 15:17
I was reading up on the forums, and I noticed that GetResumed() does not work for iOS devices. I'm assuming that this is still the case, as I tested it out on my iPhone and it didn't work.

I just did some searching on the Apple dev websites, and was wondering if the AppGameKit team could (in the time being) use GetResumed() as a handle for applicationWillResignActive()?

From the Apple docs:

I'm not sure how AppGameKit works under the hood, but when this method is called - and the application is losing focus - couldn't you internally set the value of GetResumed() to 1 at this point? This is available in iOS 2.0+, so it wouldn't break anything.

I'm just stating this, from my own perspective. I mean, GetResumed() is just a way to tell if the app switched between background and foreground states. If you are having issues figuring out when the application regains focus on iOS, why not just catch it when it's heading out into the background?

My two cents

P.S. I'm tired and I'm just throwing this out there. You guys are more amazing devs than I'll ever be, but just thought of this, just now!

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jun 2012 17:19
answerman, you may have found the right solution for this problem.

Each platform does have some platform specific stuff done, especially in Tier1, and it should be possible to make the tweaks.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:28:54
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:28:54