Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / Escaping the dark horror

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 02:28 Edited at: 3rd Jan 2013 05:24
game title

fpsc 118
some shaders
release date october 31

game story: Derek, a typical security guard at a warehouse, was driving home from work one foggy night. The fog itself is impenetrable and cold on this long torpid winding road. Suddenly, out of no where, a masked figure with a long black robe appeared out of no where. Swerving off the road to avoid hitting it, Derek veered down an embankment striking a tree and fell unconscious.

Derek later awoke still in the pitch blackness of the night trying to piece together what had just happened and if he was even alive. He looks around trying to get an ideal of where he is but the fog is so dense. He feels around and finds a flash light in the glove compartment. Derek opens the door and climbs out to asses the damages of his vehicle as well as to see how far off the road he veered from. He’s screwed! His entire front end of his car is completely wrecked from the crash and will not start, let alone turn on. But Shhhh… In the mist of the dense fog is a horrifying growl; but from what beast? His heart skips beats in terror.

It’s getting closer and louder. It sounds hungry or angry. Derek can hear from a small distance leaves ruffling and can tell that this beast is no small animal. Quickly he makes a run for it in the opposing direction of the growl hoping to escape it. He thinks to himself, could this be the same thing he saw on the road before he crashed? He knew he didn’t want to stop and find out.

Running, for what seemed like forever, he makes it out of the woods and onto an open field and stops running. then fire rises around him blocking his every direction.then the grim reaper appears out of no where in front of him.

game pics

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jun 2012 15:08 Edited at: 26th Jun 2012 15:09
Now there is something I havent seen before: Crowbar in the left hand and LED in the right hand.

Does it actually work to equip/unequip both independently from each other as well as to attack and switch light on/off independently?

And if yes, is this a modded 1.18?

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jun 2012 02:23
@The Storyteller 01
yes it works like that and you will get to try it out for your self.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 04:31 Edited at: 30th Jun 2012 04:36
look at me two hands and feet.

here is some other parts of the game.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 07:03
how did you get those awesome legs? Game looks cool so far

Get My FPSC Media at http://fpscfree.webs.com/
AdrianoJones Wannabe
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 20:02
This game looks really creepy so far, good job! I think the story needs a bit more depth, but that can always be changed later.

-Adrian
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 07:14
thanks guys a demo is uploaded but I will release that later.the leg came with the mod. this game has been done over so many times but I believe I may have got what I wanted this time.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 00:10
What mod?

Get My FPSC Media at http://fpscfree.webs.com/
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 02:41
project blue mod.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 21:14
here is a video of the game play. http://youtu.be/INEiPmloR5c

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 19:24
pushing to make this the most creepy looking game.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 22:06
here is the factory pipe line.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

Dark Frager
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 16:23
Wow, that looks awesome. It reminds me of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Putting the fun back into Fungus since 1984.
ASTECH
Years of Service
User Offline
Dude... I love it. Why in the world have I missed this thread?

PC Specs: AMD X4 2.7Ghz, 8GB DDR3 RAM, Nvidia 9800GT, Win. 7 Pro 64 Bit
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 19:26 Edited at: 8th Aug 2012 19:34
thanks guys. wait until you see the outside level. I been working really hard these level. these level take hours and days of my time to do them. this game will be tested on three computers before its release.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Tarabodej
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 22:22
Looks good, but add some light... only flashlight!
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 04:14
yes only flashlight lol. I want to bring a different type of element to a fps game. not just another horror the classic light map and shadows. I felt it set right with the game being that the game is called dark horror. I feel every horror game on here has done it all so want to try something that has not been done or been done that much. imagine it being alone in the dark with the only source of light is what is in your hand. horror is all about the dark the dark is what scares us the most. in the dark anything can creep up behind you mmmmhahahahaa.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Ertlov
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 12:21
Yery nice indeed!

Come to where the madness is:http://www.homegrowngames.at
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 10:55
thanks

here it is part of the outside.

Im still putting more into this level making a small abandon creepy town.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

loler
Years of Service
User Offline
looks nice already
can you use every weapon with the flashlight or do you have to switch the weapon every time ?

its not a bug its a feature
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 17:22
thanks loter.
you can use any weapon with the flashlight as longs it make since to use it with one hand. but in this case im not going to have the player walking around with so many weapons. like left for dead it only allow you to have two weapons at a time. I dont count the flashlight as a weapon but your main two weapons will be the crowbar and a gun. this also save memory and keeps fpsc from crashing. so far I have test the levels in the game build everything loads fine.I have clean up the bugs as I go on making the game. I plan to add a frog mist to this level.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 07:56
here it is with the foggy look.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 08:00
wow that fog really makes the atmosphere in that scene!

keep of the great work!

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 13:36
Those last three screenies with the Fog are excellent plus the use of the type of models in the scenes are very well placed.

Very nice looking game.
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 15:43 Edited at: 22nd Oct 2012 02:37
thanks guys im putting a lot of time into this level. here is a shot of a dog coming out of the mist to attack you.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 22:01
I have been working on a game of this style.
Just wanted to share my story .after a lot
Research and tips from my brother I looked
At real abandoned insane asylum and based
Every room from a reference picture I saw
A year and a half of work my soul into
Every deatail and my new understanding
Of scripts are all gone I was really happy
With it and impressed with the outcome
But today my pc got stolen all gone
Man I depressed
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Aug 2012 22:00
Update on my story I lost my mind after the stole my pc and lost my horror game I was working on .
So I went out and spent a lot of money on the best pc money can buy and will continue to work on my game even if it's means starting over , I would like to thank everyone in the forums especially wolf and Doomster for the free stuff they give us hopefully I can still find them and get back on track
And the outdoor stuff you are doing gave me some ideas
Hopefully I can find the time to get back to a finish level with the wife and kids my work I find it so hard to do anything but maybe some all night sessions are coming up
Thank s to the forums for all your help wish I could show what I did but maybe I'll take what I learned and come back better

Joe borsellino
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2012 01:35
@New game it s a shame that happen. but I think you will do better then you did the last time. this game was done over several times. I change my idea of the game because of fpsc updates. the more I learn about fpsc the more I can do with this game. look at it this way after you seen what I've done you probably would have change your mind about your game and done it over lol just joking. but good luck with doing your game over.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
New game
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Aug 2012 04:08
Thanks your out door stuff helped me since I was so focused on indoor , but with a simple use of fog the way you did made it click in my mind... How did you get those car models and where they yours ..
And although I have seen in Ina wolf wolf level did you try a black skybox is it possible and dose it look right
Is it just a no skybox options , seems like my strongest custom media is sound since my brother can do it had a good sound design in. Y lost levels also my other brother is an artist seems like the more custom media you have the more it seem to differentiate a fpscreator game my pc is getting built tomorrow I hope hopefully will b up in running in a few days , but I'll really work on it in November once I off of work hope to have something good for you guys
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Oct 2012 02:37
so as this game is coming close to its due date. I have taking the time to change somethings because I found a bug with my PJblue mod that would most likely not allow some people to be able to play this game. so to be on the safe side there will be no mod use for this at all. using nothing but 118 it self. for that Im will lose my dual weapon hands and my feet. some may say use 119 but im not taking any chances with more bugs. PJblue was more stable in version 115 and 1.7. but I will like of knowing how much memory im using. if only fpsc always had this memory cap management before that would have great. plus I dont know how much memory PJblue used in 115. but I would also lose the particle system. which is making the outside level looks so good. plus I came up with a cool weapon system. you kill evil with something that is not a melee or a gun weapon.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 10:17
well with time things have change as the weapon system will as is.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Attachments

D0MINIK
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 11:51 Edited at: 7th Jan 2013 11:52
I suggest to add some lights in order to cast a few shadows: Shadows are creepy, add variety and improve the visuals of your game

Looks good apart of that!

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jan 2013 15:27
Im glad you suggest that. but this is one of many things fpsc lacks is some type of dynamic shadows. since everything depend on lightmap to cast such creepy shadows. visually I dont really care about this game with shadows because this is the way i wanted to make the game. im going to allow fpsc lack of dynamic shadow system stop me from doing that. as another ordeal here is I wanted to see how much could I do without my memory being to high from lightmap. I consider a lot about this game and have seen others. so I wanted to do something different.it s bold to make a game without shadows yet in place with creative. I agree shadows could have set the mood but lets hope fpscR will change that and give us this option to have dynamics shadows with a flashlight.

thank you for your comment.

Welcome to SciFi Summer

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-24 15:38:01
Your offset time is: 2024-04-24 15:38:01