Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Update on publishing a game

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jun 2012 20:57
I have been researching how to get my game out there, i used DarkGDK and visual basic c++ studio to code my game now i would like to know if there is any easy way to get it released, its not the biggest or best game of the year contender but i would like to release it so any info on this subject would help greatly

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]
Olby
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, you can start by posting relevant information, screen-shots, videos in either the WIP or Program Announcements section. Then additionally there's the TGC User Gallery (look for it on the main page) - you can link the image from user gallery to your YouTube video or TGC forum page. This will bring some attention to your game. If there is relevant interest and the game is good enough you can go further and look into Intel AppUp publishing platform (albeit it will need to be modified to comply with their T&C). As for distribution method usually .zip is fine for indie projects. Good luck!

Intel Core2Duo 2.2GHZ, 2GB, GeForce 8600M GT 1280MB, Windows Vista Ultimate SP2, PureBasic 4.61 + DarkGDK 2.0
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 06:19
this should be handy

as well as the already mentioned, you need a website for the game, a clean distribution platform not something people...

A) have to wait for...

and

B) have to be members to download...

For a Demo I mean of course...

hmm too tired to think of more, hope this helped...

JIMAC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Jul 2012 19:44
Awesome guys thanks very much for the help!

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/albums/p620/jimac1888/?action=view¤t=level4.jpg][/URL]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:49:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:49:35