Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK Editor : Hide source code / Name List/Text writing

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 10:23 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 18:54
Hi,

I am using AppGameKit with TIER1 on Windows and i build app for Android.

I have 3 questions :

1)When my project raised too much lines (more than 1000), it's sometime difficult to always parse my source code.
I would like to know if it's possible with codeblock editor to hide some code like it is with the code snippet in this forum ?
for exemple :

would appear like this :

and a simple click with the mouse on '+' would extend source code.

2) Is it possible to obtain a variable and function name list in a source code ? (useful to find mispelling in local/global variable)

3) Concerning Text writing, actually i use two things:
print("my text") and createtext.
Is there an other possibility to simply write text ?
for example print_at(coordinate_x,coordinate_y,"my text") ?

And last thing : felicitation for Agk Team, developper and users,
i really appreciate AppGameKit and AppGameKit forums.

I am not english so xcuse my syntax, grammary or anything else wich could occure some ununderstanding
chrisnob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Jul 2012 09:46 Edited at: 3rd Jul 2012 09:47
Hi,

For a lot of my project editing I have setup jEdit. I have created a Commando script that allows me to compile and broadcast my application:

Please note my AppGameKit is installed in C:\AGK, if your's is installed elsewhere you will have to modify the script.

The AGKCompiler can be called with -agk to compile and -bct to broadcast, passing in your main.agc file:

With jEdit you can set up source code folding using the folding on indent option. I have found it useful sometimes but I tend to try and split up my code using include files and small functions.

I also have a AppGameKit source code highlighting file for jEdit if anyone would like it?
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you Chrisnob, i am going to try this solution for point 1.

I am not english so xcuse my syntax, grammary or anything else wich could occure some ununderstanding
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
I tried jedit and i am interested in you AppGameKit source code highlighting!

Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 00:39 Edited at: 4th Jul 2012 10:57
Sorry for the double

chrisnob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 00:17
Hi,

Attached is the source code highlighter mode file for AGK. Needs popping in the modes folder in the jEdit installation folder.

You may need to do some extra config because jEdit already knows about .agc files for some assembler product. I removed the settings for the assembler product and that seemed to work.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Thank you a lot Chris, it works fine.
Now i just have to read the 140 pages jedit's manual...
jEdit seems to be a perfect tool for programmer...
Thank you again.

Concerning point 2), i did'nt read the 140 pages yet, but i have a question :
Does JEdit able to show a variable list ?

Concerning point 3) i think there are no other possibilities to
write a text.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
chrisnob
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 11:19
For any jEdit functionality I would have a look at the plugin list. There seems to be quite a lot of them.

I find Ctrl-B which is the auto-complete short cut really useful. Stops me mistyping variable names which can cause lots of silly bugs.

I also find the searching within directories very useful when looking for Functions etc.

My last little tip is using the abbreviations to speed up the typing. For example I have fnc expand to Function () and efnc expand to EndFunction etc.
Brother
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes, that's why i try to find a way to obtain a name list
(global/local/function/formula)

Thank you for these tips Chris.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 14:19:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 14:19:39