Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Compiling on new laptop troubles.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
When I compile my game from my computer, it works fine. I have installed VC++ 2008 and DirectX 2007 August SDK on my new laptop. After copying the whole project to my laptop, it compiles fine, but animations don't play! If I transfer the compiled executable from my computer and run it on my laptop it runs fine, so it must be a compiler issue on my laptop. Any one experienced anything similar?

Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 19:12
Are you sure they are both running the same version of GDK? One version has broken animation commands.

Do you use dbLoopObject() or dbPlayObject()? I think they are broken in the most recent GDK.

prasoc
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 20:28 Edited at: 2nd Jul 2012 20:38
Ooooh, I upgraded from the website but there is another update that was posted in the thread in this forum wasn't there? I see, thats probably what the problem is. Thanks!

edit: Well, I applied the Oct 10 update, I am sure there was a small update in the thread because they broke displaying 3d models or something, but I cannot find it. What I'll do is dragndrop my working installation on my computer over to my laptop >_> saves all this work trying to go through 2010 forum threads!

Sana_Sajjad
Years of Service
User Offline
did you get dbPlayObject and dbLoopObject working after the OCT10 Update?

=============================================================
G!rLz CaN C0d3 GaM3s....!!!!
=============================================================
Mister Fuzzy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 22:20
I'm sure you could write your own module for animating models loaded through DGDK. It may take some time, but it's well worth it. If you have the money, you should upgrade to DGDK2.0 (Which is really an upgrade of PureGDK, not DGDK, but whatever ), or if you have the time "cut the middle man" and program through DirectX directly.

ALIEN(S)!!!!!!!!1!! (and sausages)

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 01:12:46
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 01:12:46