Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / T1 Gamecenter

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 18:15
I've seen talk about people creating their own functions in the AppGameKit interpretor source code for use in T1. So I was first of all wondering, is this allowed or if it violate AppGameKit terms of use? Next if it's allowed I've been wanting to add gamecenter to my T1 ios arcade game. So I was hoping someone could post an example of how to create custom functions in the AppGameKit interpretor source for use in T1(how to link it in, what it looks like, and if you do it through X-code or what). Even better would be an example of someone's custom AppGameKit functions for T1 that allow for integrating Gamecenter and basic Gamecenter leaderboards.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Jul 2012 21:44
If you want to do custom things in the interpreter for iOS, this is done in Xcode.

So far, I don't think anyone has tried to integrate T1 with Gamecenter. At least I haven't seen anyone say that they did.

I doubt you'd be breaking any rules doing custom things to the code provided by AGK. Unless you try to customize their stuff and sell the interpreter itself (as opposed to your game built using your modifications). But I am not an expert on what they would consider wrong. Read the license information.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Lavaflyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Jul 2012 19:22
K thanks for the response, i'll look into adding gamecenter to my app.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Jul 2012 07:24
Quote: "I've seen talk about people creating their own functions in the AppGameKit interpretor source code for use in T1. "

Where are those posts? I didn't think we could write functions for Tier 1 via the Interpreter source code.

Lavaflyer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Jul 2012 02:00
This is not writing your own functions per say (I worded this poorly in my original post) but I think you can hook the main agk interpreter loop to look for specific properties of T1 objects by their id (sprites, text, etc) in UntitledViewController's drawView. So, for example, if spite 999 is visible, then add some specific code in drawView to do something (like send a score to Game Center).

See
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=188794&b=44 this which gave me the idea
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
which means you still need to write additional code in t2 to you t1 app.

so why not write your app in t2 in the first place?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 17:13:33
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 17:13:33