Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [iOS Release] Fire The Cannon!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I'm happy to announce that my first AppGameKit project has been approved by Apple and has launched on the App Store.

The name of my app is called Fire The Cannon!

Here is a link to it on iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fire-the-cannon!/id526192128?mt=8&uo=4

The paid version is 99 cents and contains 40 levels.

There is also a Lite version which is ad supported and contains the first 20 levels. You can find a link to the lite version on the iTunes product page if you'd like to try it out.

For more screenshots/game info you can check out...

http://www.absurdlylogical.com

If I was reading the ad statistics correctly it looks like my app has been downloaded in at least 47 countries so far. Ofcourse for all I know it's 1 person in each country, I'll have to wait until the apple sales stats update tomorrow to find out

Good luck to everyone on their projects!
george++
AGK Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 03:40 Edited at: 7th Jul 2012 03:42
I can't play any iOS app but your screenies looks very good (a little bit dark though). Good luck for sales to you also!
BTW: How much time did you spent to design 40 lvls?
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Good luck for sales to you also!"

Thanks

Quote: "BTW: How much time did you spent to design 40 lvls? "

Well, I've been working on the game since AppGameKit came out. I don't know the exact amount of time I spent on the levels, but it involved writing a seperate level editor, and then coming up with ideas for and hand placing every object in each level.

On top of that, each level had to be play tested at various points during creation to not only be sure it was playable and fun, but also that it was winnable, and that it was possible to achieve 5 stars on it (the highest rating), AND that all undead and treasure chests could be destroyed using the limited supply of cannonbombs.

Sometimes levels worked on the first try, most of the time they didn't

Alot of development time was spent on level editor, design, creation, testing, scrapping, and starting over, although I don't have an exact number for you, I'm not even sure what a ballpark figure would be so I'm just going to have to say...alot of time
Simwad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 04:29
Great work!!!

Playing on a iPhone 4s is there meant to be music? I have sfx yet after the game was interrupted by a phone call the sfx have disappeared. Tried restarting a number of times pressing the speaker icon on screen to no avail. This was the trial version.

Really slick and professional otherwise, congrats.
erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 04:47
Looks great, congratulations!
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Playing on a iPhone 4s is there meant to be music?"

No, the game doesn't have music. I had experimented with it, but in the end I found the game was more enjoyable without the music, so I decided to go with sound effects only.

Quote: "Tried restarting a number of times pressing the speaker icon on screen to no avail. This was the trial version."

Not sure why you lost sound, possibly an AppGameKit bug? Did you try completely shutting down the program by double tapping the home button, pressing and holding the Fire The Cannon! icon in the taskbar until the X appears in the upper left corner, and then pressing the X to close it, then restarting?

Let me know if you continue to have a problem with the sound and/or if that solution works for you.

Quote: "Really slick and professional otherwise, congrats. "

Quote: "Looks great, congratulations! "

Thanks!
Simwad
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 05:47
Double tapping home and closing it fixed the sound not playing. Thanks for the tip.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 10:33
Looks cool but i dont have an iphone

I whas watching the screenies,Where do you have the agk logo?

I thought you should have it visible in your app?
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "I whas watching the screenies,Where do you have the agk logo?

I thought you should have it visible in your app? "

I have the AppGameKit logo placed on the launch screen of my App, which is the first screen anyone sees when they start my app.

However, and correct me if I'm wrong, I do believe TGC changed their policy on requiring that you display the logo and left it up to us as a choice. I chose to include it
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 13:30
Quote: "I chose to include it "

Well done

I have the belife that we should promote agk when we do good apps with it

The more users it have the better will it get
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 16:22
Hi,

This is a great looking app, well done! Can you post the game into the AppGameKit Gallery too?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Jul 2012 17:01
Quote: "I have the belife that we should promote agk when we do good apps with it "

You could also ship your game with TGC.
They'd benefit from it

Now I regret that I didn't ask them to ship Spell Breath for iDevices

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "This is a great looking app, well done! Can you post the game into the AppGameKit Gallery too?
"

Thanks! and posted.
FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 11:01
Looks great...I'm gonna test it out on my iphone4
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 22:35
Just got an Ipad 3 and played your game. Very nicely done. Hope you do well with it.
Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Just got an Ipad 3 and played your game. Very nicely done. Hope you do well with it. "

Thanks Auger!

Got yourself a new iPad 3 did you? I bet all your apps look great on that big retina display.
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 02:27
Yeah,the Ipad 3 is nice. I bought it for my wife for her BD with a slight ulterior motive to use it to test a game I was working on.

Only problem is I don't have a mac to compile the player so I used the AppGameKit Viewer app which never worked as nicely as I thought it would.

Guess I'll buy myself a Mac Mini for my BD next month
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 14:57
Game looks great, although a rehash of Angry Brids. Any plans for an Android version?

How are the sales going? Have you had any reviews or done any marketing?

Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Any plans for an Android version?"

I've considered it, but I don't currently own any Androids for testing. I'm also concerned that it would be an inconsistent user experience with the widely varying specs of android devices out there. In addition the articles I've read, suggest that apps don't do that well on the Android market when compared to Apple.

Being that I don't currently have my own Android hardware, and the user experience could suffer if their device isn't up to the task, I'm not planning an Android version at this time.

Quote: "How are the sales going? Have you had any reviews or done any marketing?
"

As for sales, I'm not going to give specific numbers, but there are people playing Fire The Cannon! in around 80 countries, and downloads are in the thousands(including paid and lite).

No reviews yet, many sites out there want to charge you for a review. In addition you'll get a lot of emails after you release an app offering to help you promote it, for a price of course. The sites that don't charge for reviews, and are worth being reviewed on, get so many review requests, that you'll need some really good luck to be reviewed by them.

I'm currently researching ways to promote Fire The Cannon! I've made a YouTube trailer which I've embedded on my website:

http://www.absurdlylogical.com

I've also created Facebook and Twitter pages.

In the Lite version of my app Im going to use a banner exchange for some free advertising. You show banner ads for other developers apps in exchange for them showing banner ads for yours. That will be going live in my next update so I don't know how it performs yet. It's called TapForTap if anyone's interested in checking them out.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 10:34
Thanks for the info. It seems weird that you have to pay for reviews. How can the reviewer be impartial when they get paid? But I guess it is hard for them to make money otherwise. I wish you good luck!

Mark Harrison
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 16:24
was watching a few episodes of a youtube show called game grumps, and suddenly saw a video add for this game, nice

yo
RickV
TGC Development Director
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jun 2013 14:00
Hi Grumpy Jedi,

I'm pulling together a selection of games made with AppGameKit as part of a video montage to show what's been done. Could you make available to me a version of the game for PC from which I can capture some footage?

Rick

Financial Director
TGC Team
Phaelax
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 19th Jun 2013 07:16
The levels seem very difficult. I'm a pro at angry birds, but I can't even get passed level 3 on your game.

Grumpy Jedi
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Hi Grumpy Jedi,

I'm pulling together a selection of games made with AppGameKit as part of a video montage to show what's been done. Could you make available to me a version of the game for PC from which I can capture some footage?

Rick"

Sorry for the late reply Rick. It's been a crazy few months and things just kind of came to a halt. I'm only just seeing your post now... My mother suffered congestive heart failure, but the good news is the surgeons saved her and she's still with us.

I am however going to guess that I missed the deadline for your montage by at least a month.

Quote: "The levels seem very difficult. I'm a pro at angry birds, but I can't even get passed level 3 on your game."

This answer is probably too late to be of use to you but I'll give it a go anyway

Yes some can be more difficult than others. I have play tested every single level in the game(a ridiculous number of times) and made sure they can not only be beaten, but beaten with 5 stars.

They are probably a bit more challenging than your average angry bird level though.

A few tips: If you use the restart button to replay a level the wind speed does not change. So you can use the angle and power displays as a guide to remember where a good shot was at subsequent attempts on a level. The wind speed will however change if you exit your current game and restart the level from the menus.

The varying wind speed was added to keep the challenge on subsequent games, while allowing the player to find the perfect shot using angle and power displays during the same game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:27:56
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:27:56