Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / The Road To Release (Tier 1)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Well the submission process to the App Store went smoothly.

Compiling my Tier 1 project using the ios_interpreter xcode project only gave me a couple of issues.

One was with launch images. Trying to use custom launch images was messing up my app icon when testing, but not on all devices, in my case iPad was fine, iPod was not. I found the problem. Xcode for some reason was adding the custom launch image file names to the info-plist page. The solution was simply to delete the references from the info page. You can read the thread here...

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197960&b=41

I also ran into a problem when trying to limit my app to use only landscape orientations.

The first thing you'll want to note is that when running your app on iPod or iPhone the default launch image is a portrait image. So if you want your launch image to display in landscape on those platforms, youll have to rotate the image with an image editor so that when the device displays the portrait launch image it "appears" to be in landscape mode. This is not a problem for iPad since you can add landscape launch images right in the xcode summary page.

Finally in order to be certain your app runs in the orientations you want, and this was using AppGameKit version 1075, although I believe it applies to 1076 as well, you'll need to first edit the classes\UntitledViewController.m file in xcode, and in the shouldAutorotateToInterfaceOrientation function, you should set the agk::CanOrientationChange for the orientations you want to allow to return YES and the ones you don't want to allow to return NO.

Then on the summary page in xcode you want to set the allowed orientations buttons to match your selections in the UntitledViewController.m file. That should solve any orientation problems you have, at least it did for me.

Finally, when submitting your project in xcode you need to build the project as an archive, this is a function of xcode which is easily googled if you need more info on it. Basically you're just packaging your app as a zip with whatever files xcode and the App Store need for the final product.

Things to note, make sure your scheme for archiving is set to release when building the archive for the final submission. Also, double check that you have signed your app with your distribution certificates and not your developer certificates. All being well the organizer window will open showing your shiny new archive, where you can validate the archive (check it for any problems) and submit it to apple right through xcode.

One thing to note, when I built my archives, the organizer window opened showing the new archive, but there was no app icon where it appeared there should be one. I did some googling and read a few reports that this can happen and it's just an organizer bug. While I never confirmed whether it was a bug or not, I submitted my app with no problems, and everything shows up as it's supposed to in the store and on the app. There is no missing icon, so I'm led to believe it's a bug. Just something to keep in mind incase you encounter the same thing I did.

Other than those issues, everything went according to plan and my app was approved on the first try. Hopefully this info will help anyone else that runs into some of the same problems.

So yes, my AppGameKit app is indeed live now, it's called Fire The Cannon! It comes in both Paid and Lite(free) versions.

I put a thread in the showcase forum or you can find it here...

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fire-the-cannon!/id526192128?mt=8&uo=4

Good luck on your projects!
Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 04:21
Thanks a bunch for sharing, that is indeed great info. I'm just about to do my first submission, and your post has really taken a huge bunch of worry off my mind!

I used to hate the thought of governments having orbital mind control satellites,
but now I can't really seem to care.
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 12:24
Thank you Grumpy Jedi, I will use this guide when I'm releasing to iOS

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Jul 2012 17:29
Definitely thank you. It always helps to see how something gets done successfully.

Good luck with the game!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 10:46:39
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 10:46:39