Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Compile/Run issue in IDE

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 16:34
When I click the yellow cog icon to compile my program - it compiles fine - then I click the green arrow to run it and I get the following message:

It seems that this project has not been built yet.
Do you want to build it now?

If I click Yes, it compiles again then runs and broadcasts! This happens every time I click Run. I've come out of AppGameKit and re-run it, I've re-booted, I've even uninstalled and reinstalled AppGameKit - still the same. This only started happening last night and, as far as I am aware, I've changed nothing. Any ideas? I'm getting more frustrated by the minute ...

"Happiness is contrary to the human condition" --White (to Black)
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 16:50
Have you changed the name of the project folder?

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 16:57
Erm, maybe? Ok, ok, I'm getting old, the memory is going. Yeah, I changed the folder name. D'oh!

I've created a new project and copied the scripts across and everything is working fine. Thanks baxslash, I see why TGC offered you a job now!

Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 16:57 Edited at: 10th Jul 2012 16:58
One common cause for this is if you rename your project folder. The .cbp file maintains the previous project name which confuses the IDE... If you have renamed your project folder, to resolve this you need to open the .cdp file in notepad or something similar and then search for the old project name (it appears in multiple places) replacing it with the new name...

EDIT: Ninja'd, twice! Thats a record surely...
Grook
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Jul 2012 17:24
Thanks to you both for your very prompt replies!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:46:04
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:46:04