Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / C++ In Trial?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 17:43
The trial version contains what appears to be the C++ (tier 2) version of AGK..does this function in the trial?
I tried compiling some examples with no luck, and wasn't sure if it was possible with the trial..I assume not lol
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 18:03 Edited at: 11th Jul 2012 18:03
What errors were you getting?
It might be fact that you need to use Platform Toolset v80 instead of v100 (requires MSVC 2008 to be installed).

If there are any Tier 2 files in trial, then it means you should be able to test AppGameKit within C++.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 18:34 Edited at: 11th Jul 2012 19:00
Switched to VS08 express and changed build to release instead of debug and that reduced it to one error left:

LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'atls.lib'

..I notice in the project properties of this project (examples project) it is set to ignore this lib..removing that didn't change anything..I guess it's just not linked to the file correctly in the settings.

[EDIT] Alright, getting most to compile now...question is what are the restrictions using the C++ library with the trial?
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Jul 2012 20:47
Quote: "[EDIT] Alright, getting most to compile now...question is what are the restrictions using the C++ library with the trial?"

I don't think you have android / ios / etc. project samples there, do you? It means you cannot build to those platforms (since you don't have required libraries).
Not sure if there is a AppGameKit splash screen in BASIC / C++ version of the trial.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
trial only supports windows.
that's the main restriction
FakeBlood
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Jul 2012 00:44
yeah the mobile platforms aren't there. Seems really simple to work with. No different really than the basic version...just with C++ syntax...and of course classes etc!...
At least I don't think the basic code has classes, I may be wrong.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 13:39:14
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 13:39:14