Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Orientation issue and outdated Core.cpp

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I've been away for awhile and was last using v1065. I've returned and installed v1076 and started a new project. So I've heard that v1075+ have switched to supporting native orientation ( awesome! ), however I've run into a problem. I looked around and haven't found anything on the forum that's precisely what I'm having trouble with, or I just didn't understand it properly.

I'll keep it simple: I have an Android app right now that simply detects what orientation the phone is in and prints it out. It reports correctly ( says landscape in landscape and portrait in portrait), however, it doesn't change the way it draws. It still prints out as if it were in portrait mode no matter what.

I've deleted the configuration file since I thought it was deprecated and now the app exits immediately when I run it. I looked through the core.cpp and it looks like it still relies on the config file, but it won't generate a new one...

I assumed that the allowed orientations were all defaulted to 1, but just in case I made a call in the begin method to agk::SetOrienationAllowed(1,1,1,1) to make sure all of them are allowed. This crashes the app.

Okay, so I delved a little deeper.

The Core.cpp ( and its header ) are not up to date in the 1076 distribution in the templates folder.

I compared it to the interpreter_android project to find out. I attempted to update it manually, but I think I got some stuff wrong.

Anyway. I'm curious. Does anyone have an updated ( read: fixed ) version of Core.cpp & header?

Is the Core.cpp or other files outdated for any other platform outside of Android?
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
When are we going to get PROPER updated templates for 1076 for Xcode and Android?
victordavion
Years of Service
User Offline
So it's not just the Android templates? I'm kind of relieved in a since for that. However, as a product that expects to be taken seriously, I would hope that these types of things aren't overlooked. I don't mean that to be harsh. I'm not fantastic at expressing tone.

I eagerly await the properly updated templates .

Of course, I'm under the assumption that hey, TGC has a working copy somewhere since they released the update, but simply forgot to include it in the new installation file or something. Maybe it's more complicated than that? I just wonder why it takes more than a day for something like this to be noticed and fixed.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
or most probably they were in a hurry to release the update and only checked the T1 versions of the player templates and left in the old T2 tenplates
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 12:56
Its not good if they neglect the tier 2 version

Iam a tier 1 user but this is not good for all the tier 2 users.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 4.3 inches , 800 mhz cpu , 512 mb ram
Android 4.0 Sandwich , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , cortex A8 1.2 cpu , 1 gb ram.
XanthorXIII
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Post on the bugboard and Facebook. They need to step up the QA process and get people who are actively working in T2 to test this stuff before releasing. I think we could have prevented the need for a bunch of fixes to 1.7.
victordavion
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 18:22 Edited at: 17th Jul 2012 18:23

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 22:05:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 22:05:58