Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 23:11 Edited at: 16th Jul 2012 23:11
Hey guys/gals,

I thought I might post what I've been working on so far. Space Debris is my little game I've been planning for a while, basically it is a rotational tower defence game, but also with elements where the user can get involved such as tapping the screen to break the asteroid & collect resources.

I hope to have the game complete by the end of the year. So have a look and I hope you like what you see!

(Hopefully this works)

Cheers,

AM
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Jul 2012 23:14
hrm! Helps if you proof read the title first
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 00:27
Looks like an awesome concept, and game!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 12:53
Looks very clever so please keep us updated

A smart take on the tower defence genre.

I have seen something similar before but cant remember it?

If you pull it off so could you get alot of downloads if you put an gameplay video together with the app.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 4.3 inches , 800 mhz cpu , 512 mb ram
Android 4.0 Sandwich , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , cortex A8 1.2 cpu , 1 gb ram.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 14:48
I like a good tower defense game. Problem is that most TD games aren't that great. This game have an interesting and as far as I know unique concept. Will it be fun to play? That's up to you. You might want to include a radar though. I'm not a big fan of having to pick up the resources manually. Especially in a game where you can only see a small part of the field. It could work if you have them laying around and not disappearing.

Here's an idea:
Ships that fly around shooting stuff that you can also drag to give orders. They could even prioritize incoming alien crafts, following them around. I sure hope you plan to add attacking aliens If you plan to have pick up resources you can have ships that collect them as well.

Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 15:02
Hey,
Thanks for the comments! I was sure people would reply with "I don't get it, this sucks!"

@Cliff - I think it might be Unstoppable Gorg http://www.unstoppablegorg.com/ you might be thinking of? I didn't even know it existed until I was talking to a friend at work about my game.

@Digital Awakening
I hope it will be fun & challenging, I plan to hopefully by the end of August give it to some friends to playtest and get their views on it.
I've been uhm'ing and ah'ing about the resource collection I figured it might be a good idea to have a collector, kind of like the harvester in Command & Conquer

I'm still in the early stages trying to find what works and what doesn't, so stay tuned!

Cheers,

AM
Alpha Mike
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Jul 2012 23:34 Edited at: 17th Jul 2012 23:35
I added a radar this evening!
Might add some glowing effects to the dots, to make them stand out more

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 21:20:28
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 21:20:28