Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / W.I.P. Henchman for FPS(Still sculpting.)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 03:40 Edited at: 18th Jul 2012 03:41
Thought you guys might be interested in seeing what i'm working on,Its not finished(still sculpting it.) but thought I would give you a sneak peak. When i'm finished with it ill be selling it in the tgc store(fingers crossed.) Hope you like. Oh and i'm still needing a color scheme if you'll have an idea of what color his outfit should be please tell me. i'm having a problem of think what would be the best color choices for him.

Thanks.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Poloflece
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 15:39
That's some quality work right there, and it looks like it will still look great as a low poky model (with a baked normal map of course).

Poloflece

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Jul 2012 23:31
Thanks. It will look just fine after I retopo it to a low ploy(3.5k-4 something k.).as soon as I get done sculpting the pants,gloves, and boots I'll start posting the retopo job.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Jul 2012 01:11 Edited at: 26th Jul 2012 00:11
Here's the color scheme(just the color the textures are going to have better detail.) I have for right now if anyone has any ideas for a better looking one please comment.

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 22:11 Edited at: 25th Jul 2012 22:12
This and the next post are going to be updates on my progress. please comment on it, good or bad criticism is welcome. Want to know what you think. Thank you.

All i have left to do in the sculpt is his boots.

Attachments

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 22:31
How many polys does this guy have? he looks pretty good,nice job,what I do is I first model in low poly,then If I need a high poly version I add smothing to him where i need it.

my signature keeps being erased by a mod So this is my new signature.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 22:47 Edited at: 26th Jul 2012 00:14
@Daniel wright 2311 Thank you.

A Lot around 3 million as is. After I get the boots finished i'm going to retopologize him to about 3.5-4.5 thousand poly's(don't know how many yet but that's about what it should come out to. Maybe a little less or more.). then im bakeing the normal map from the high ploy to the low poly model. and it will end up looking just as detailed.

this is the base mesh its 2,112 poly's.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 01:42 Edited at: 26th Jul 2012 02:21
Here are the parts of him in full resolution.

His face.

His head.
[img]

His arm.

His shirt.

His hands.( I need to fix his thumb didnt see that oh well.)

His pants.

His unfinished boots(working on them still.).

Hope you all like him. What price (points) should I put him at 400 points($4.00) or 500 points ($5.00).(better question how much would you be willing to pay for him on the tgc store.)

skeeter
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 05:30
Looks amazing!

window 7 ultimate, AMD Phenom II X6 1055T 3.3 ghz, XFX Radeon HD6790 1GB, 16gb ram

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 05:56
Thank you.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 10:44 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2012 11:10
Update of where I'm at in this model.
wireframe

No wireframe

This was just a test to see where I needed to improve the topology. Need some work but coming along pretty good. hope you all like, Its right now at 1,872 poly's so its probably going to be about 2,500 poly's(maybe less.) when I'm finished with it.

Can a Mod edit my title to just W.I.P. Henchman for FPS. If I could do it I would. Thank you in advance.

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 11:53 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2012 11:54
You need to widen, and flatten his boots, they are super-slim, and too tall.

A dude
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 22:42
I think 500 points would be appropriate if the great looking model has a great texture. Of course, I wouldn't mind if it was free.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 00:35 Edited at: 25th Aug 2012 08:09
@ Pincho Paxton
Quote: "You need to widen, and flatten his boots, they are super-slim, and too tall."

Noted and will work on it. I thought this also but was trying to stay with the reference image, but I think ill fix them. thanks for looking out.

@ A dude
Quote: "I wouldn't mind if it was free."

I wanted to let the users of TGC to have it for free as a way of saying thanks for all the excellent free stuff Ive got from these forums. But since ill be selling it also on Unity asset store and turbosquid I didnt want them to find it here for free and not make any money. So if they do find it here ill still get some of the profit from those users. And since they had to do some work to get it working in other game engines I wouldn't be upset with the lose of profit from that. Its going to be $15.00 on unity 3D and $25.00 on turbosquid(cause I'm letting them have 5 different file type of the model plus the sculpt in both .blend and .OBJ.). Other then that it would of been free, But i do have something in the works that's going to be free for you all.

Quote: "I think 500 points would be appropriate if the great looking model has a great texture"

As far as the textures goes I'm only going to make them as good as Bond1's and Errant AI's. Don't want them to stick out like a sore thumb.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 11:21
The final model with a normal map. Now on to texturing him then animating. the two on the outside are the low poly and the one in the middle is the high poly.

the low poly is 2,956 poly's. the high is 3,315,991 poly's.

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 11:25
I must however wonder, how does that belt work..?

Whose eyes are those eyes?
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 11:38 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 11:53
Quote: "I must however wonder, how does that belt work..?"

@Quik
The belt loops will be in the texture if that is what you meant.
If you meant how does it fasten its like a fanypack(could not spell that word right with out it saying I was using foul language.). I got the idea from the zbrush forum on a pitcher of a model from the new ghost recon.

Attachments

Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 12:12
Quote: "The belt loops will be in the texture if that is what you meant.
If you meant how does it fasten its like a fanypack(could not spell that word right with out it saying I was using foul language.). I got the idea from the zbrush forum on a pitcher of a model from the new ghost recon."

That answered my question ^^ Since it didnt have any texture yet, it was hard to tell

Whose eyes are those eyes?
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Aug 2012 19:13 Edited at: 7th Aug 2012 19:14
Yeah sorry about that. The belt was not going to be on him at first. I thought he might need one after i change how his shirt was. So it was a after thought when I started sculpting him so the belt loops would of messed everything up if I added them in at the time(with out starting over on the pants.)

Design Runner
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 18:32
Are you using 3d Coat for this? I've been trying to figure out the retopo tool for a while but can't get it

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Aug 2012 22:35
No everything is was done in blender 2.63a. i'm even going to do the base texture in blender. I wish I had 3D coat or zbrush for the sculpting though. those boots would of been 10x better, because blender doesn't support masking in its sculpt mode but 3D coat and zbrush does(and yeah mudbox does to. Before someone else says something about it.J/P)

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 06:08
Should be coming in 2.64 http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/Release_Notes/2.64/Sculpting until then, sections can be visually hidden to protect them

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 11:34 Edited at: 9th Aug 2012 23:37
@Ortu
Quote: "until then, sections can be visually hidden to protect them"

Yeah but you can only box hide. Now if you could shape hide sections like you can mask thing it would work. But that's good news thanks for telling me.

But on another note here is the texture w.i.p.. The skin is almost done, Eyes need work, and the clothes are only been started.

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Are you sure that you are texturing the correct model? You corrected the boots, and now they are tall, and slim again.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Aug 2012 23:36 Edited at: 9th Aug 2012 23:41
No there the same from before after I sent him to clown school.

Nah.. All jokes aside its the same model. The other one no longer exist(well the low poly). Maybe its just the view of the screenshot.

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Aug 2012 06:59 Edited at: 17th Aug 2012 08:57
I know Its been a while since I had an update(been busy with my job.). But I'm almost done. The texture needs a little more work before I can say its finished. Then onto animation after that its done. Hope you all like tell me if something need improvements.

Edit:updated the screen shot.

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 10:55
The finished fix texture. Added some light then did a quick render.
Hope you like it.

New World Order
Years of Service
User Offline
hey! that is looking veery sweet!!
Love the texture on the arms and on the clothes.. those folds are amazing!
I think only the face could use a tiny bit of more work, right now he looks quite friendly, somewhat surprised... maybe his eyebrows are a bit too high... or maybe shade the hollows of his eyes beneath the eyebrows.... maybe it's also because he doesn't seem to have eyelashes yet, right? But really awesome model + texture!!
Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks really good, but his face looks like he has been kicked in the nuts!

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 23:41
You're off to a good start but the proportions of the head are wrong (this is a common mistake). His head is far too big for his torso, along with his neck and his eyes. If you're going for a cartoonish look then Id recommend going all the way and scaling up his lower legs / feet to match, otherwise downscale his head. Here's what I would do:

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 00:51 Edited at: 25th Aug 2012 07:02
Thanks you New World Order, Pincho Paxton, and RUCCUS
for your help and nice comments.

Quote: "but his face looks like he has been kicked in the nuts!"

@Pincho Paxton
lmao how did you know what i was going for.

Oh right as asked I did some work on his head/eyes.(re-did his whole face to match his eyes so that part took a while. because I had to re-sculpt it and do a little remodeling but its done.) Next Ill have to redo the texture for his face because of the new sculpt/baking of the normal maps. But I hope this looks a bit better.

Attachments

Pincho Paxton
Years of Service
User Offline
Yeah, he looks mean now.

New World Order
Years of Service
User Offline
indeed he does! very nice! looking forward to seeing him textured
RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 20:41
I still think his head is too big and his neck is too long .
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 05:12 Edited at: 25th Aug 2012 06:51
@RUCCUS
Quote: "I still think his head is too big and his neck is too long "

Okay but no way in hell is it getting any smaller!!! Just playing

but on the other hand it just might be the view I'm in. Its orthographic, here is one in prospective.

And here is the reference picture I used(and wire frame of my model.). I got it off CGcookie it was done by Tim Von Rueden.

RUCCUS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 05:45
The reference image looks right but there still seems to be something off about the model. Either it's the bulge in his neck formed from the mask or what. I do think if you added more muscle going from the back of his neck towards his shoulders it would help balance it out.

Its just an opinion, if you're happy with your model then by all means stick with it. Its still a good model regardless.
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 07:11 Edited at: 25th Aug 2012 08:13
Quote: "Its just an opinion"

@RUCCUS

Your opinion is very valued to me(so are others). Ive seen your work and Its astonishing to me. And anyone that can do 2X the quality that I can do deserves to be listened to in my opinion. The head thing was just a joke, But it might be the muscles. But it also might be the mask because it is hanging down on his chest. Ill play around with it some more and try to make it look right(if I can if not it will have to stay I don't want to mess it up you know.).

The only reason I questioned it was cause when I tried down scaling it, it started to look like a shrunken head. So I pulled the reference pic back up to see if I was on the right track.

Edit: I think my joke are getting confused as if I was being sarcastic or just rude(exp: the clown feet and the shrunken head.) I meant no offence, just me playing around and more making fun of my model then other peoples criticism. So If I have offended anyone I apologize. I'm a laid back guy and mean no harm by what I say.

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 08:07
That head thing makes me and my son crack up hard.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 08:15 Edited at: 26th Aug 2012 03:51
Quote: "That head thing makes me and my son crack up hard."

@Daniel wright 2311

That's what it was meant to do glad you and your son liked it.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 08:51 Edited at: 31st Aug 2012 06:38
And the finished new face(close up.)

Do you guys think he needs eyelashes?

Edit: I have fix the corner of his eye as well since this pic.

Here Is a full shot of him..

Daniel wright 2311
User Banned
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 10:11
Quote: "Do you guys think he needs eyelashes?"

This all depends on if it will only just be a fpsc model , if it will be for movies and such ,yes , eye lashes could help.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Aug 2012 13:15 Edited at: 26th Aug 2012 13:15
Quote: "if it will be for movies and such ,yes , eye lashes could help.
"

@Daniel wright 2311

Nah its just a game model(unless someone turns it into a cg model.). But there was a comment that had that in it. Just wondering Cause I really didn't know how to go about doing that with out adding more to the mesh around the eyelids.

Ortu
DBPro Master
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 00:08
Planes with transparency works pretty well for lashes, for a male, I wouldn't bother unless the face will be seen close up. They can help even at a distance on females to help sell femininity

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 01:21 Edited at: 27th Aug 2012 01:22
Quote: "Planes with transparency works pretty well for lashes"

@Ortu

Why didn't I think of that the up close thing would be on the buyer though(I'm planning to sale him when i'm finished.). But thanks for the idea

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 03:58 Edited at: 29th Aug 2012 22:57
And the Rig. Now for a butt load of animation.

The armature inside the henchman model.

Attachments

L3mmy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 00:45
Seth, Was looking through my server for an old picture and saw that real small headed one..knew it was this forum cause i've been watchin the thread but man did that made me chuckle

www.monsterwareltd.co.uk/imagehost <-- Image Hosting for your pictures
seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 06:41 Edited at: 31st Aug 2012 06:42
@L3mmy
Thanks makes me feel better others found it funny also.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2012 08:40 Edited at: 1st Sep 2012 14:29
Okay I need some help now or this model ain't going to see Fps Creator. This is my problem I can export it into Fps Creator just fine but when I go to add a shader it goes all weird on me. So I did a search and found out in the shader you can change the bone matrix to fit your armature(the original being 60 or 32 in some cases) I only exported my key frame bone(there is only 34 That I exported, 334 for all which is way to high.)(I drop my rig and use rigify and customized to fit my needs.) But now Since I did that the texture doesn't show up Just a black model. Any suggestions.

Edit: I think I found my answer. [/b]Note to self READ ALL INSTRUCTION BEFORE TRYING TO FIGURE IT OUT..[/b] Tell you all in a while if I still need Help.

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2012 21:45 Edited at: 4th Sep 2012 22:40
Been a while since I have updated so here is something to look at.(animations are taking longer then I anticipated with my busy work schedule.) And in the zip are the textures of this model if you are planing on buying it, so you can get a head start on retexturing him if you want.
zip includes: UV's, diffuse, normal, and A.O. map. and the native gimp file.

Attachments

seth zer0
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Sep 2012 22:14 Edited at: 4th Sep 2012 22:41
And here is the .psd if any one is using photoshop.
edit: This one is a 7z file couldn't get the ms zip file to upload, said it was to large even though it was only 32MB.

Attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:34:27
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:34:27