Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / [GDK2.0] GUI and editor (free and open source)

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 06:45 Edited at: 21st Jul 2012 06:49
I've been working on a GUI for my applications and I thought I would share it with all of you. It's almost bug-free. That is to say, I have run into some errors and fixed all that I found, but the code is fairly sound. The main GUI engine is in "GUI2 Menu Functions.h". In Main.cpp is the editor's functions.

To integrate it into a game you need:
(required) GUI2 Menu Functions.h
(required) "GUI Media" folder somewhere in your game folder-- and know the "relative path" to it (this is needed by the GUI)
(optional) A GUI you made so you can load it.
(or) You can make groups and menu items in proceedure.

To make a GUI:

The fastest code is the code never written.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Morcilla
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 21st Jul 2012 11:45
Great job
Can I ask for the DGDK 1.0 version?

I'm pondering here and there which is the best way to do a spaceship editor for my project, where a somewhat powerful GUI should be needed, along with the 3d camera viewports.

I'm already setting it up, but it always would be nice to add some extra buttons to the main project GUI. It is DGDK 1.0

Hawkblood
Years of Service
User Offline
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=178271&b=22
Since converting to 2.0, I had to completely rewrite it. Well, I didn't have to, but there were several upgrades I wanted to do and converting the old code was just too messy. You *could* use the new code and revert the new GDK "image" and "sprite" commands to 1.0-- that would be a task....

The fastest code is the code never written.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 19:23:10
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 19:23:10