Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / Auto AD-poster, form-filler and clicker program - How to?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 03:18
Hi,

I'm kinda new to DBP. I used to use DB (not Pro) in 2000, but I've forgotten everything I learned back then.

So I'd like to know if it's possible to write a program in DBP that can log into and out of an online members area, make certain clicks there and also post random ads for me containing some fixed lines in them at a free ad site at the same time. I also need to use external, editable text (INI, txt etc.) files the program can read its data (user names, passwords and ad templates) from, so that others can use it with their data too. I'm interested in the names of the commands I need to use with this task as well as the necessary expansions, if any, for this to work.

I own the following expansions that may be relevant here:
Styx
Unity
Enhancement Pack
eXtends
NGC
exgen

I'd be very grateful for any help with this as I have no idea how to begin.
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 11:12
I'm not familiar with all those add-ons or the full extent of DBPro network-related capabilities, but in short; I don't think so.
For starters, DBPro can't simulate keystrokes and mouseclicks on its own (There are ways of using the WinApi in DBPro though) among many other limitations. DBPro is actually more geared towards game design than anything else. What you are talking about (logging in and posting ads) is essentially writing a bot. I can't say for absolute certainty but I'd guess you're probably going to have to learn some JavaScript. You'll find it easier to use in the long run too as there's no compiling involved.

For the record I'm against bots. It's very unethical in the business world (generally, there are exceptions). I hope you intend to only use this bot ethically (as a labor-saving device and not a way to bump you ads every 5 minutes or flood a message board).

fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 12:04
Thanks for your 2 cents. I could as well learn java from the ground up since I'd start learning DBP from scratch too.

I'd appreciate further comments from those who are more familiar with the capabilities od DBP though as I have access to more of the DBP training materials. It's also easier to learn I suppose.

And of course It's not for flooding or spamming purposes. I'd post approximately 25 ads a day all of them being different from each other. It'd save me 2 hours of work a day, and it's not intended for spamming at all.

Thanks for the feedback, and I'm looking for further replies from others fully familiar with what DBP is capable of and what it most certainly isn't.
fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 12:23
Thanks for your 2 cents. I'd appreciate further comments from those fully familiar with the capabilities of DBP so that I won't just throw away the complete software package I've bought. DBP is also supposedly easier to learn than java and I have more access to training materials with it too. I'd stick with it if at all possible.

I'd use the program to post about 25 ads a day all of them being different from the other and being posted at different locations too. It'd save me 2 hours of labor time, and it's not intended for spamming at all. It's all completely legal and ethical.

I'm looking forward to a clarification from a DBP veteran whether DBP is capable of this task and how I can make it cooperate with me in this matter
fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 12:27
NOTE: I've posted my previous post twice being unaware of the approval process. (I was about to go on a murderous rampage seeing my post not appearing in the thread - again )
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 11:51
Quote: "Thanks for your 2 cents."

I'd say that was more than 2 cents worth. You came across a little condescending too but I'll let it slip because of my remarks about my views on bots.

Quote: "I'm looking forward to a clarification..."

DPRo Cannot natively:
Emulate keystrokes or mouseclicks
Handle forms
Control or send info to other applications.

Some plugins will allow you expansion in those areas (although non can handle forms - at least that I've encountered). There are ways to access the winAPI through DBPro - but they are about as complex and learning some scripting.

Anyhow, the reason I said that I didn't really feel it was do-able in DBP was that it simply isn't feasible practically. You'd end up having to use dlls and/or make WanAPI calls all over the place. It would be a nightmare. You'd essentially be using DBPro as nothing more than a launcher or mediator at best. I understand how daunting learning a more complicated language may be but you'll be surprised how quickly you can pick it up if you're prepared to make some effort. You may even find a ready-made script that requires minimal alteration. to accomplish the task at hand. Here's a link on automatic login scripts you might wanna check out as an example.

But don't by any means discard DBPro. It's very useful as a game and graphical app development tool. It's just not really the best tool for this sort of job.

Quote: "...from a DBP veteran whether DBP is capable of this task and how I can make it cooperate with me in this matter
"

I don't know that any of us (experts, veterans or gods) would dream of using DBP for the aforementioned procedure. It's just not logical. It's kinda like deciding to use a pair of scissors to slice up a tomato. There are only two people who I can think of off-hand who may be able to help you (if you still insist on using DBPro) and you won't find them on this board very often. They are IanM and Lee Bamber (the DBPro lead developer). Or why not just make an inquiry to Tech Support

Off-topic:
Quote: "...so that I won't just throw away the complete software package I've bought"

Why did you buy it? Surely not for the sole purpose of this bot? I mean you bought ExGen which is for graphics so I assume you wanted to make a game or something too.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 02:18 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 02:20
There are Win32Api addons which allow forms being used in your own DBP programs, top of my head, BlueGUI, BBB GUI are just two to mention. Whether they have a forms editor is something you will have to check out.

WinApi programming is a tad fiddlier to code but generally consists of:

1. Create a gadget, create a button
2. Set the gadgets text
3. Check the event queue
4. Process the button event
5. Read back the gadgets text value (may have to convert back to a numeric value
6. Remove the gadgets or the dialog window

I'd recommend doing a forum search for a GUI plugin, most of them are available for free too and see which one you like and whether it comes with a forms editor.

I'll check back on this thread because I would be interested in a free GUI plugin which has a forms editor.

As for the other issue of logging into a site and changing stuff you would be requiring some research in that field. I've not come across that yet.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 13:27
@nonZero:
I did not by any means mean to act superior. Let me clear this up:
My first language is not English. I was forced to start learning it when I got my first computer in 1994. I live in Hungary and haven't had any opportunity to practice the language with anyone until now, the only exceptions being a year's of travel in India and 3 months of stay in London which is not a big deal. I've recently arrived to a level of using the English language where I could start using idioms efortlessly - though not necessarily correctly, like "your 2 cents", "I'd stick to it", and so on. In my previous post it was maybe the first time these came to me spontaneously, but by no means I'm a flawless user of the language. Most notably I still have trouble getting across as my authentic, Hungarian self. The style of my messages and the impression they make are most often at least slightly different from what I originally intended. Having said that I'm still quite happy and impressed by my command of the language. Yet, please don't consider me a native speaker and have any expectations based on that assumption. I'll do my best to convey my message as close to my intentions as possible is what I can promise.

I needed to look up the word "condescending" in the dictionary too
Contrary to being condescending, in fact I honor you for being this honest and communicative. You come across (I needed to look this one up in the dictionary too, just for the sake of using it properly myself, not that I haven't have a clue of it's meaning by a long shot) as one with an honest intention of helping me and making an attempt to connect with me, both of which I highly value.

Now, on to the next topic.

I've already made the decision to learn Javascript and forget about using DBP with this task since as you've put it, it'd be a nightmare. I want it to be a fairy tale
Thanks so much for that link containing the Javascript template for the auto sign-in process. Contacting tech support was also a good idea although I won't do it now.

Why I bought it, you ask.
Well, in 1994 - just when I got my first computer - I was also given a legal copy of Click&Play, a drag-and-drop game development tool with a graphical interface requiring minimal programming skills. I enjoyed it tremendously and created over a dozen projects in it containing superior rendered 3d graphics. I was in love with that software and I pushed it way beyond it's limits making everyone wonder how I could achieve certain effects in it that were thought undoable. It was creativity on steroids for me.
However its limitations I soon became aware of took out the incentive from it and game development at large until I stumbled upon DB in 2000. Again, I bought it and started integrating my advanced 3DsMax skills with it to some mediocre results. I've never gotten really deep with DB the reason for that partly being my low system configuration which couldn't keep up with the scope of my imagination. Then in 2009 I got to know that DBP was released and having the money to buy it and like a dozen of its expansions I decided to do so. I haven't had the time to take the time to look into it as I became homeless and unemployed for years which made other things top priority for me, you see

Then my childhood dream came true when one of my friends mentioned he was going to develop a game in MMF2. I googled it just to realize it was Click&Play without its limitations and with possibilities that boggled my mind. Right now I'm working on my financial independence so that I can have enough free time to dwell deep in that miracle and give myself my deserved dose of bliss every time I'm blessed to enjoy its company.

That's why.

Not to say that I'll discard DBP as it may prove to be useful in the future. But now I have another preferred game development tool I'm absolutely in love with.

Thank you for the help and support you've given me with this problem. It'll definitely help me realizing my goal.
fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 13:40
@WLGfx

Thank you for your reply.
Reading your words I concluded usind DBP to complete this task instead of Javascript would make it not just a tad fiddlier but a complete suicide. Especially that I don't own any of the above mentioned GUI expansions nor do I have the money for them.

So I'll just learn using Javascript instead. It can prove to be useful in the future too.
I'm sorry this way I can't help you find the GUI interface you're looking for

Good luck finding it!
nonZero
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 23:30
@fenikkusu: Sorry for misunderstanding you. I had no idea you weren't a natural English speaker. Your post was so coherent, I just assumed you were English (It was actually a lot clearer than most English posters on this board).
Sorry to hear about your troubles too. Upon reflecting, it makes me even more grateful that my family were able to support me when I lost my job and fell into massive debt - in my case due to epilepsy. It must have been tough for you and you did well to climb out of it. I hope you are able to one day reach your dream. All the best for the future

fenikkusu
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 11:37
@nonZero:

Wow!

Thank you for your support with my past homelessness. Many people would (as I used to too, so I'm not pointing fingers here) automatically assume something negative about me while being totally convinced that it had nothing to do with either outside influences or an uncurable disease for that matter as it was in your case and partly in mine too (in the form of Crohn's disease among many other calamities that happened at that time).

Not that I'm pushing away all the responsibility from myself, it's just not that black and white as most would assume. You've had your share of tribulations too, which have seemingly made you more mature and non-judgemental.

Best wishes to you too!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 09:51:34
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 09:51:34