Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit/AppGameKit Studio Showcase / [Wip] AGK Droid Xml - Android project wizard

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 19:20 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2012 12:37
Leo877 nice video tutorial.

My latest project because iam lazy

This program lets you create and manage your android projects the easy way.

With a few clicks on screen so does it generate a complete android project with its folders.
-------------------------------------------------------------------
How do you use the wizards project folder?

Controls.
Left click = buttons to activate.
Right click = buttons to deactivate.
Tab = saves the project as a project file
Read the input button text to wath should be entered there.

Done
Wip
Simple point and click interface
Generate a complete project folder for eclipse
Generate a cygwin command text file
Auto insert users own files
Add more user permissions
Set min and max android target device
Set app to preferably be installed on sd card selection

It neads beta testing as its easy to forget the small things.

Let me know wath you think and wath should be added?

Latest files.

Iam going to make it alot easier to use but this is an start.

Unzipp this where you want it as its the main file.
15 mb.
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2378096

You nead to place this file in to the media folder of AppGameKit Droid Xml.
Important dont unzipp it but place it as it is in the media folder.
20 mb.
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2377514

I have included the fixed files to make it work in the zipp files called data1-2 and coreDat,they are not supposed to be unzipped.
This is done by the program that places them right.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz cpu , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz cpu
Android 4.0 Sandwich , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , cortex A8 1.2 cpu , 1 gb ram.
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 19:21 Edited at: 22nd Jul 2012 19:23
Image.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 4.3 inches , 800 mhz cpu , 512 mb ram
Android 4.0 Sandwich , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , cortex A8 1.2 cpu , 1 gb ram.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 22:16
Awesome, I have a feeling this will be very usefull in the future!
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 22:25
Quote: "Awesome, I have a feeling this will be very usefull in the future! "

Thanks

I have actually made great progress and now is it almost completely a few clicks and a finished project

Now do it unzipp all neaded files in to the directory and write the new files.

The user only neads to copy over there own agk files.

I thought it whas a bit over complicated to setup an android project.

With this so should even to most basic or newbi user be able to compile an android apk.

But i nead beta users to tell me how it works?

I would also nead feedback from tgc coders on wath files i cant change ?

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 4.3 inches , 800 mhz cpu , 512 mb ram
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Jul 2012 22:52 Edited at: 25th Jul 2012 14:32
Old deleted information.....

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 03:47 Edited at: 24th Jul 2012 23:30
Data file for the project .....
Read further down where to place it.

Attachments

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 23rd Jul 2012 03:55 Edited at: 25th Jul 2012 14:33
I tryed to upload the dat file but the forum refuses

Fixed split the files now.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 03:53
Here is the latest progress of the wizard.
Iam now using multiple data files so i can split the downloads.
You dont nead cygwin at all now!

Create your project in the wizard.
Copy the files to your android directory where the interpreter files are.
Copy the media folder from your tier 1 project in to the wizard projects assets folder and rename the byc file to bytecode.byc.
Run eclipse and import the project.
Fix the project properties.
Run and your apk file is done ready for distribution.
Is this project dumb?
Are i wasting my time with it?

The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 11:30
This project is cirtainly not dumb, if you completley removed the need for cygwin, this will help so many people
Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 12:06
Quote: "This project is cirtainly not dumb, if you completley removed the need for cygwin, this will help so many people "

It is as simple that i used cygwin for the files with bytecode enabled.
Zipped em down to a data file.

That the wizard uses everytime it creates it projects.

I have tested the wizard 20 times and no errors so far?

So everytime there is a agk update so do i simply do the same again so the user never have to do the hazzle.

But the user is always forced to update the agk interpreter folders them self.
Enable read write with cygwin.
Enable the line use bytcode.

Now should the wizard projects always work.

cheers.

DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
I guessed you were attempting something like this from your other post you solved yourself Looks interesting, I assume it basically takes the fiddly job of renaming all the files with your company and game name details. So you can just place your media files over into a copy of your interpreter_android-copy folder, run the wizard to change the files in one go and compile in eclipse?
I have just got 1076 working for compiles today, so I can probably test this out with a project or two of mine. I have been loath to attempt it as it worked nicely for 1065 before and I had a game getting it to work the first time. Thankfully apart from a few odd things happening on the way, it all seems to be working now.
Looks good, it makes me wonder whether you could automate cygwin stuff using DB and the run command. I don't think there is an equivalent in AGK.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 17:13
Quote: "I assume it basically takes the fiddly job of renaming all the files with your company and game name details. So you can just place your media files over into a copy of your interpreter_android-copy folder"

Yes you are right
The wizard creates a complete project folder that is ready to compile in eclipse.
You simply press buttons on wath permissions you want for you app and the wizard writes all the xml code in the neaded files.

I have planned to use template projects where you simply put your media files and byte code.

And when you do changes to a file insert it there and run the wizard and all the updates are ready to be runed in eclipse.

The templates will store your last changes so you always see wath the last version code and name whas.

Should make it alot easier to also do small updates.

And should scare to many from trying android.

Quote: " so I can probably test this out with a project or two of mine."

I would love that
I will try to put up the latest working version today
Iam doing some finetuning
Quote: " it makes me wonder whether you could automate cygwin stuff using DB and the run command."

Iam taking the backdoor and precompile the files for the users
But i nead feedback from more experienced coders as iam a trial by error coder

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Jul 2012 23:43 Edited at: 31st Jul 2012 13:14
A whole days work to waste
Some file i cant find seams to point the compiling towards the agk player folder?

But here is the latest version that works and is extremely simple and you dont nead cygwin at all.

I tested this 15 times and worked all the time.
So i nead your feedback on errors you get?

Iam going to make it alot easier to use but this is an start.

Unzipp this where you want it as its the main file.
15 mb.
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2378096

You nead to place this file in to the media folder of AppGameKit Droid Xml.
Important dont unzipp it but place it as it is in the media folder.
20 mb.
https://forumfiles.thegamecreators.com/download/2377514

I have included the fixed files to make it work in the zipp files called data1-2 and coreDat,they are not supposed to be unzipped.
This is done by the program that places them right.

Android 2.3 Gingerbread , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz cpu , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz cpu

Attachments

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 10:14 Edited at: 1st Aug 2012 09:11
@ cliff

i tried out your wizard. I ran it three times, the first time i use an example from tgc game example. i tried the smackit project and media. i create the files with your program and copy the media from the smackit project. when i run it in eclispe had 5 errors, i tried fixing it and still error. so it fail.

when i use my projcrt it run perfect on errors and work on my tablet, i also use the wizard for the files instead of going thru cyg.

so your beta program works fine so far, when i make more of my projects and use the wizard i let you know the results if work or getting errors.

heres some quick notes i made :

open the AppGameKit Droid xml folder..go to the setup file and change the width and height to your computer setting or it will not work.

you need to put the zip2 file you download inside agk droid xml folder media. [b]the zip2 file does not go
into your media folder of your game project.

when you got the agk droid xml open....

fill in the boxes in the right-bottom corner; name string,studio anme,appname,vs code,vs name. when you fill you will get messages of what to do.

you also need to click the bottom icons.

then you can hit the tab button to save.
[/b]

cliff if this doesnt sound right or a mistake let me know. so i can edit. i also can make a video, just let me know.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 13:22 Edited at: 31st Jul 2012 20:48
Quote: "i tried out your wizard. I ran it three times, the first time i use an example from tgc game xample. i tried the smackit project and media. i create the files with your program and copy the media form the smackit project. when i run it in eclispe had 5 errors, i tried fixing it and still error. so it fail."

Thats weird as you should get errors when importing the project.
When you then use fix project properties so should they be fixed.

You cant get rid of the src warning as its something with how tgc wrote there files.

You will also get an error if you have no virtual device activated when you try to run.

I compiled smack it and it worked on my phone ?

Quote: "open the AppGameKit Droid xml folder..go to the setup file and change the width and height to your computer setting or it will not work."

Maybe i nead to do some kind of scrollable window for the text so it works on lower resolutions.

Quote: "you need to put the zip2 file inside agk droid xml working folder media not in your media folder of your game project."

Fixed the text to be more clear in the thread where they go.

Quote: "fill in the boxes in the right-bottom corner; name string,studio anme,appname,vs code,vs name. when you fill you will get messages of what to do.

you also need to click the bottom icons.

then you can hit the tab button to save"

Thats about it
I will try to do more clear instructions inside the app.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 09:25
Quote: "i tried out your wizard. I ran it three times, the first time i use an example from tgc game example. i tried the smackit project and media. i create the files with your program and copy the media from the smackit project. when i run it in eclispe had 5 errors, i tried fixing it and still error. so it fail.
"

I think i found out why i got those 5 errors. It turns out i habd spaces in my company name and appname. i did some trail and errors to what was going on.

Quote: ""open the AppGameKit Droid xml folder..go to the setup file and change the width and height to your computer setting or it will not work."

Maybe i nead to do some kind of scrollable window for the text so it works on lower resolutions"

I think the setup file is copying the screen size you using on your laptop or those are the values you set up while making this program. i had to change the setup width/hight to my screen size.

i just want to ask what is string name for and whats does it do.

well every works find.
i just got some ideas for this program. add a way to reset instead of closing and reopen to use the program.

i also made a youtube video, as soon i finish rendering and up load it i will add the link on the post.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 12:10
Quote: "I think i found out why i got those 5 errors. It turns out i habd spaces in my company name and appname. i did some trail and errors to what was going on."

The android builder dont like spaces in the name.

Quote: "I think the setup file is copying the screen size you using on your laptop or those are the values you set up while making this program. i had to change the setup width/hight to my screen size."

I have it as an medium sized window on my computer and simply forgot that not everyone have a high default resolution on there computer.
I will try to figure something out ?
Quote: "i just got some ideas for this program. add a way to reset instead of closing and reopen to use the program."

My original idea is that there is up to 10 templates that you you select on the side of the screen.
So you can use up to 10 projects at the same time with it.
You actually dont nead to close and reopen it,you simply add your new data for the next app as it saves the next stuff in a folder with the new name.
Quote: "i just want to ask what is string name for and whats does it do."

Its the string name that is displayed as the app name with spaces and everything on the icon and when you install the apk.
Its the strings file it is for.
Quote: "well every works find. "

Sounds great as its an start

Quote: "i also made a youtube video, as soon i finish rendering and up load it i will add the link on the post."

Sounds cool

Iam actually thinking of making it open source as iam also working on an secret project that will be my first released game for android with agk.

leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 21:54 Edited at: 2nd Aug 2012 22:07
@cliff Here the video i did. Tell me what you think of it.

[/href]some notes for users
Quote: "Quote: "i just want to ask what is string name for and whats does it do."

Its the string name that is displayed as the app name with spaces and everything on the icon and when you install the apk.
Its the strings file it is for."

http://youtu.be/nOJgjcZvPzY

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Aug 2012 12:36 Edited at: 3rd Aug 2012 12:39
Nice video
I have added the options for your app to prefer sd card installation.
And permission to check reciving sms.

Iam still working on the controls to turn on and off hardware acceleration.

I will try to do an update this weekend.

Steve Ancell
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 23:29
What you are doing will help a lot of people, including me.
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 04:55
@ steve

the program was made by cliff mell 3degs. what he did was making it easier then fooling with cygwin as you seen in daniels tutorial. you donthave to be hasseling with note pad and word pad.

another quick note : The string name you enter would,displayed as the app name with spaces and everything on the icon and when you install the apk. i still advices watching daniels turotial.

Cliff Mellangard 3DEGS
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 6th Aug 2012 00:39
Quote: "What you are doing will help a lot of people, including me."

Thanks
Feels good to know that people neads it.

I will try to update it once and a while but it works in its current state also.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 17:05:16
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 17:05:16