Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / problems with android apk

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi
i finished my first complete game with agk.
the pc version is OK
the IOS version is OK
but with android i have some problems, no with eclipse, only with AGK.

well

1)the first problem is, the app load only the resources necesary for the mode ARCADE, or PUZZLE, and when u dies, load and unload resources, in PC platform its ok, and IPAD too, but ANDROID platform stop aplication, why?
i cant load and unload resources when the app is playing?
I think that it has to to be this, by that it is precisely aqui where the game detains

2) The second problem is that having in account the first problem i load all the resources to the start of the aplicacion and now the problem is with playmusic
I count 5 songs at first that should sound at different times, all loops do, I do playmusic (1.1) or playmusic (2.1) depending on the song to be sound at the time, the problem is that android, does not loop, sounding one after another .... I'm doing wrong?

and 3) and finally a question:
has compiled a version with the changes I made in AGK.
half of the folder you copied the file ". byc", I changed the name to bytecode.byc and I copied to the folder assets / media of eclipse project, I deleted the. apk in bin directory, and click on run, I compiled this project again, but using the old bytecode, are not changes made, I must say that I had open when of eclipse to these changes, and the question is should I do anything else to change "only" the bytecode of the project ?

thanks, as I will show it to build the game.
pamerco
Years of Service
User Offline
nobody can help me??

pleaseeeeeeeee
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 20:38
1) I think we'd need to see your code and get an idea of the file sizes you are working with to help with this. Is it possible your assets are too big for the memory you have on your Android device? And, did you make sure to put all your media in the '/assets/media' directory with the bytecode file?

2) I think the looping on playmusic not working in an android is a known problem (search to check for this).

3) If you update anything in the assets/media directory or rebuild the app when the Eclipse interface is open, you need to refresh the project in Eclipse. Right click on the project and click on 'Refresh'.

Finally, what version of AppGameKit are you working with?

I've been catching up since I returned from vacation, otherwise I would have responded sooner.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
pamerco
Years of Service
User Offline
i am using the last version of AGK

1.706 is that? i buyning my version the past month

about problems with agk and play loops in android i search & search and dont have nothing, can u say me how i do the search correctly? or if exists solutions for the problem?

and about file sizes....only one mp3... 1,2 mg max.... is this the problem? i do stopmusic and loadmusic sometimes....
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Jul 2012 23:10
If you just bought it, then you are using 1.706.

How about the file sizes for your images? They count as well.

This is one thread that talks about music issues on android: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=194883&b=46

I forgot to ask, are you using the AppGameKit Player to test on iOS and Android?

If you are and you are using the Android Player from their app store, it is the wrong version. You need to download the Android AppGameKit Player (beta) from the 'Your Products' page on the TGC site and install that on your Android device. Or, build your own.

The version from the Android app store is not compatible with 1.706. (Yes, many have complained that TGC has not kept the player up to date on the Android app store.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
pamerco
Years of Service
User Offline
no, no
i use compiled version on eclipse.
one apk and for ios app

on ios no problem, i can work fine, and the app is up to market and i wait for response.

but apk and android is the problem....

the game STOP¨, when he load or stop or something, reading the forums, i think is the same problem, what solution is about this problem??

is the game creators working about an update to fixed this bug??
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Jul 2012 21:55
Have you run the game from within eclipse? As opposed to creating the apk and installing it and running it.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
pamerco
Years of Service
User Offline
no, i created an apk amd i install the apk in my tablet android 4.0
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Jul 2012 16:25
If you run from eclipse, it just might give you some sort of error information in the eclipse output.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
pamerco
Years of Service
User Offline
its no errors
the same code is perfect in pc, and ios compilation.

is only in android, the problem with change song.
when i stopmusic and play another song, this apk go crash.....

i reading about this is an issue of apk with android 4.0, is really this?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 17:25
Quote: "i reading about this is an issue of apk with android 4.0, is really this?"

I don't know, I'll look for other posts.

I am expecting delivery of an Android 4.1 device soon. If you are willing send me your bytecode and the media (images, music), I will test on my device when it comes in and on the 3.2 one I am also expecting.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 20:34
I've a got a 4.0 tablet. Package the thing up and I'll test it.

-- Jim

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-23 09:12:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-23 09:12:18