Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Guitar Tut: Visual guide..no 'word' nonsense!

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 17:55
Guitar Tut Part 1

This is basically a try-out. I've always been a visual learner and have been trying to figure out a better way of making 3D tutorials. I don't know about you guys but whenever I use to look over modeling tutorials I never actually read the text and skipped right to the images. In my mind a picture can convey more then an entire paragraph of technical dribble.

Anyway, let me know what you guys think of this. Only 10 images currently but will add more later today. There will be three parts, modeling, uvmapping, texturing(maybe).

Thanks guys!

Quick note: Sweep is also known as Extrude to most of you. Another thing to note is this tutorial assumes you actually know how to use your 3D package, so don't expect details on which buttons to push. That you should have already learned. This tutorial is meant for people who want a more direct approach to their tutorial.

CyberGamer
AGK Gold Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
The idea is good and oddly enough I was thinking of doing something similar.The thing is you're only showing the results of operations and not how to achieve them.
Quik
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 2nd Aug 2012 20:32
While great, words is a great thing for explaining how stuff works, however, if youre already experienced in the tools necessary, this is great

Whose eyes are those eyes?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:38
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 15:31:38