Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / adding characters

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Jul 2012 22:26
how to add character into a terrain i need help putting character into a terrain i create and things like extra heart and others thing the character have to fight to win the mission

BM
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Jul 2012 02:23
Hi Beast,

You're asking some very broad questions.

Unfortunately, the best I can do is point you in the direction of the various tutorials in the stickies at the top of the Newcomers' board and wish you luck.

To try to answer your questions would take a lot of time and I don't even known how you want your game to work.

I'm assuming that this is a continuation of your previous post and that you are trying to make some a 3D rpg game. My advice is to do smaller projects that cover individual aspects of the bigger project (this is what I tend to do) and ask specific questions if you get stuck. Don't try to do a big project right from the start.
BEAST
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Jul 2012 17:58
thanks 29 games i am trying to create a essay on level game just like
World of Agrov - Demo but mind is

is a gender inclusive interface where characters are not killed but transformed into snowflakes. It is about global warming (cooling in the game, evil overlords and the protagonist is a fairy) i create the terrain now i am trying to put character into the terrain

BM
29 games
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 01:20
There was a pretty good tutorial for Darkbasic classic which can be found here:

http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2030&page=3d_tutorial_index

It doesn't work properly in DBPro so I made a few ammendments and have attached it to this post. I've only done the very last tutorial file but that's all you're going to need anyway.

It's probably not exactly what you want as it's a simple first person shooter but a goblin walks about the map following the player so it gives an insight into how to bring a character into the game.

Because it's a darkbasic classic tutorial and a good ten years old, some of the way things are done are going to be different to how someone might do the same thing in DBPro.

The one keep in mind is that it uses a matrix for the terrain and not a model. The very big difference here is that there are commands for calculating the height a matrix if you know the x and z coordinate. If you're using a model, these commands will not work. You'll probably need sparky's collision dll (you should be able to find this on the program announcement board).

Anyway, experiment with code and I recommend reading through the tutorial as well.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
BEAST
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 21:12
thank 29 games

BM

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 00:39:35
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 00:39:35