Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / AGK micro transactions

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 14:46
Hey there.

I've been wondering if AppGameKit is to officially support micro transactions? That would be very helpful, since (as for now) it is even pretty complicated to add them with Tier 2 (for example in android)

Cheers.

Follow me on twitter! @MotionStruct
Motion Struct blog
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
Would be nice. I noticed that google have some sort of scheme for this also now. Certainly, if TGC could make it quite simple to use it would be great! I'm sure it is not a straightforward process in tier 2 at the moment.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 16:19
There is an enhancement request for in app purchase here: http://code.google.com/p/agk/issues/detail?id=125&q=in%20app%20purchase

Some commands to handle this kind of transaction in Tier 1 would be of much use to me (and therefore TGC) too! I can't make any promises as to what might become available in future updates of AppGameKit but I certainly expect some commands of this nature to make life easier for TGC and AppGameKit users. Which platforms these commands might cover will also depend on demand but I imagine iOS and Android are the main priorities.

I can't comment on timescale either I'm afraid as I'm not developing commands, just apps

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jul 2012 16:31
Quote: "I'm sure it is not a straightforward process in tier 2 at the moment."

I can ensure you, it's not

Have a look for yourself:
http://developer.android.com/guide/google/play/billing/billing_integrate.html

It's quite complicated (You have to somehow merge NDK with SDK, which seems quite hard[?])

Motion Struct blog
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, let's gather in front of the TGC offices with posters and flags "We want inApp purchases commands"

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 03:27 Edited at: 1st Aug 2012 03:38
probably after three-d commands and is probably more important then 3-d itself. In the three-d chat they said they already had obj load file format. I am happy with that so far, but they need too also listen to what we want. I would be happy with simple rotation of objects. Which would mean we could build are own skeleton system, or delay the next AppGameKit update tell they have this also with the three-d commands I think the easiest way of making in app purchases is through HTML commands, but would be easy to hack.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
after 3d?

what about all the users who bought agk to do 2d games and are not interested in doing 3d with agk?

makes no business sense to adopt such a strategy of leaving users in the dark with no road map
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 11:37
Quote: "Baxslash, let's gather in front of the TGC offices with posters and flags "We want inApp purchases commands""

I'm in a TGC office right now ( my bedroom )

There are crowds outside chanting "Give me an I, give me an A, give me a P!!!" and "Finish 2D, finish 2D!!" and "3D now, 3D now!!". They're ruining my flowerbed...

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
It's not me for sure, as I'm fighting with sprite resizing!!!!!
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 11:46
From Lee Bamber in the return of the Newsletter:
Quote: " In addition we have also tentatively added iOS commands for Facebook, Twitter, In-App Purchases, AdMob and a few other nice to haves. We will be extending these social commands to Android soon, and then work out how many of them will work under Windows and Mac."

I didn't want to say anything until it was made public by someone higher up

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:07 Edited at: 1st Aug 2012 15:09
The newsletter is BACK!
Thanks for letting us know
kamac
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:27
Also, I think that if 3D is going to be a paid update ( ), shouldn't those that bought AppGameKit for $111 earlier, instead of $59 now receive it as a gift or atleast at lowered price? As a thank-you for early version purchase.

About inApp purchases and your quote baxslash, it's ment to be added in the next update, right?

Motion Struct blog
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:31
I can't comment on the 3D aspect but I'm using the tier 1 commands mentioned for iOS and they work great. They are in build v1080.

The apps I'm working on require these commands and a few more so they are being built in for all the intended release platforms as quickly as possible.

I don't know when v1080 will be released I'm afraid.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:46
Quote: "
There are crowds outside chanting "Give me an I, give me an A, give me a P!!!" and "Finish 2D, finish 2D!!" and "3D now, 3D now!!". They're ruining my flowerbed...
"

Your flowers looked ugly any way baxslash. I think your flowers were weeds instead, next time you need to check the seeds that you plant. You almost spelled app, another P and you would of had it, shame.

Maybe we as a community can find code to help the agk developers instead of complaining about it. So they don't have to look it up on Google them self's. Maybe a couple of links of how to add in app purchases, and explain in detail the code so that the process can be speed up.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Impetus73
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:52
baxslash, I'm waiting for 1077, and you'r using 1080 ? haha, hope they release it soon!

If people ruins your flowers, take them into your office, so it can be a flowerbedroom.

----------------
AGK programmer
Did Amiga / AMOS programming in the 90's.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 15:55
Quote: "Your flowers looked ugly any way baxslash. I think your flowers were weeds instead, next time you need to check the seeds that you plant."

You're right, they are mostly weeds actually...

Quote: "You almost spelled app, another P and you would of had it, shame."

I was trying to say I.A.P for In App Purchase

I'm sure that any links to examples of code would be welcomed by the community and TGC for anything like this. Anyone wanting to help TGC could start an enhancement request with the native code to achieve it on the issues board. That's a good suggestion

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Baxslash, make sure in 1080 that your game also DEMANDS to remove that ugly black screen that pops up instead of AGKsplash!!!! I can't stand it that I am stuck with 1074 on iOS because of that Black screen I cannot move to 1076
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Aug 2012 16:07
I thought that was already fixed... have you checked the bug board?

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
it behaves ok in 1074. it produces a black screen in 1076 (on iOS).

i don't know if its fixed in 1080!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-27 20:13:59
Your offset time is: 2024-04-27 20:13:59