Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,

I have a doubt about the AppGameKit editor. You know that AppGameKit editor fill with ) or " when you put ( or ". This option is very interesting... but also, You will know that DB editor has a option for filling the loop. I mean, You write: "Do" and automaticly DB editor put "Loop".

Is avaible this option in AppGameKit?
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 01:55 Edited at: 4th Aug 2012 01:55
then use the c++ version if you have not comfortable with tier 1. AppGameKit editor is what it is, and made from code blocks. About 1/4 the people on this forum use c++ and about 3/4 use tier 1. Not very many people use the pascal version maybe there is a company that paid TGC to make this option, and even less use the c# version because it will only make window games.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 02:57
Quote: "You write: "Do" and automaticly DB editor put "Loop".

Is avaible this option in AppGameKit?"

I skimmed through the options and it doesn't look like it.

JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 08:22
Quote: "Not very many people use the pascal version maybe there is a company that paid TGC to make this option"

What is that supposed to mean? Who's going to pay for a free version??

-- Jim
Juande
Years of Service
User Offline
I don't know if my english is not correct and you don't understand me.

3d point in space: I don't want to use c++. I like Tier 1. And I have never said that Tier1 is not confortable for me. But, this editor can be better... or not?
For example, Darkbasic Editor (it's similar to Tier1) was improved and now it's the best for me (a lot of options).
I have only asked about the options of AppGameKit editor and if this option is avaible in AGK.

AGK Community Tester: Thanks for the search. I didn't know if there was a option that I had not seen.
mistsnake
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Aug 2012 15:52
the editor is code::blocks (rebranded) - because its a more generic editor rather than wrote for like db one it may not be possible
DVader
Years of Service
User Offline
A few people have moaned about the editor. I find it quite adequate in the main, and use tier 1. I have no need or desire for autocomplete as I consider it annoying and generally unhelpful. If I put do, I do not want the editor to try to put loop at the end it can cause issues when editing code also. I can end up spending more time deleting the erroneous extras it introduces than I save by it actually being correct.
I do miss the label list from DB though, and I have tried breaking my program into smaller parts but find it far less useful generally.
Other than that AppGameKit is a far better beast for 2D games work imo.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 07:59:24
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 07:59:24