Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Visual Studio Error

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
I have Visual Studio 2010 installed, and when I compile and broadcast my AppGameKit game, I get a Visual Studio Debugger Message.
I attached the picture of the screen for your reference.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 02:14
That's a new one. Do you have Code::Blocks (C++ version) installed?

Check Settings -> Compiler to make sure you're using AGK's compiler.

JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I do not know what Code::Blocks (C++ version) is. I am using the basic language.

I am attaching a picture of the Settings - Compiler screen. It says the AppGameKit Compiler is the one to use. I am actually running AppGameKit version 1076 which is the latest. My problem now is that I cannot continue working in my game because I am not able to test it. I wonder if the number of lines of code has to do with this problem, so far my game is about 5000 lines.

Regards.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 02:44
Quote: "I do not know what Code::Blocks (C++ version) is. "

I'll take that as a 'no'. But this is what I meant. Because AppGameKit BASIC uses a customized version of Codeblocks, the two conflict sometimes.

I'm not sure what's causing this but maybe someone with VS 2010 experience might be able to shed some light.

JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
Well,you are right, I do not have Code::Blocks installed.

What you are saying is that the customized version of Code Blocks and Visual Studio conflict?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 03:25
Quote: "What you are saying is that the customized version of Code Blocks and Visual Studio conflict?"

Not that I know of but the AppGameKit BASIC IDE and CodeBlocks C++ sometimes conflict (if you have them both installed).

I have VS 2010 installed and AppGameKit IDE but haven't know those two to conflict.

Rich Dersheimer
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 03:45
I believe that any errors of that type may ask you to use that debugger, not just AppGameKit crashing like that. Just ignore the fact that you have Visual Studio Debugger, and focus on the problem with AGK.

Other folks have had a problem when their programs reach a certain size, maybe adding a few print statements might clear it up. You could try searching the forum for these problems.

erebusman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 05:34
Yeah thats very interesting; I have VS 2010 and AppGameKit installed; I do projects in both Basic and C++ ; but I haven't had that issue yet.

I might suggest reinstalling one or both the products and see if the error goes away? Or maybe removing and reinstalling to clear any settings in case something is conflicting?
JORGEMAL
Years of Service
User Offline
I added an empty function at the end of the program and it compiled successfully. Maybe I will need to keep adding instructions in this dummy function any time I get the Visual Studio Debugger issue.

Regards,
Jorge Maldonado
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Aug 2012 21:33
Do you have any GoSubs in your app?

Sometimes that can be a problem if called in strange places or if you don't do a proper return from the called sub.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-28 17:30:22
Your offset time is: 2024-04-28 17:30:22