Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

FPSC Classic Work In Progress / X9 Trenches of WWII

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 05:36
Hello everyone! I know B4 It5 2 L8 got horrible reviews from just watching the trailer but I actually think I made a better game! It's called, Trenches of WWII (and yes they did have SOME trenches in WWII) . You are a lone soldier tasked with taking out an enemy trench which leads to a bunker you have to clear out two. IT's actaully pretty decent, the only two things that are bad are 1. You can see to the other side of the doors (can someone tell me if that was fixed in the latest upgrade) and 2. The framerate drops in certain areas (but not alot).

Here's a trailer for it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8QYgoFY_WI&feature=youtu.be

and a Screenshot:

Hope you find this better than B4 It5 2 L8 and I also am selling this to but only for $1.00. Here's the link:

http://www.mlgelites.com/apps/webstore/products/show/3135544

Hope you like it! However if you don't like it, try to help instead of just insulting me.

Elite Indie Games

Attachments

Login to view attachments
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 05:36
oops forgot to post the pic!

Elite Indie Games
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 06:24
I have to say that Escape from Bunker from ASTEK looks really good and I guess this came out at the wrong time. His looks much better than mine as if you seen his work he is much better than me. I just hope mine is at least ok.

Elite Indie Games
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 07:36
hmm... feels like Wolfenstein. very basic.

If you update to versions 1.17 or above, there is an enemy/ally script that will give you a boost, and the later version shoud improve your frame rate.

and another thing... you need lighting!

I'm familiar with this, but I'm still learning!
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 08:11
Quote: "hmm... feels like Wolfenstein. very basic."

That's not a bad thing right? Sometimes simple is good I hear. However I do need to upgrade to 1.19 to make some of the lag go away. I tried making it as detailed as possible without making it lag too much. Also will the scripts prevent the soldiers from going through walls after dying? That's a BIG problem.

I'll also work on the lighting. I actually originally had lighting in the bunker level but it made it lag. Again I hope the upgrade will fix that. Do I need a pseudo sun for the trenches level?

Elite Indie Games
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 08:20
no, simple is not a bad thing, take a look at my game.

to help with the dying thing, the later versions have ragdoll in it, the script should be around the script area in these forums.

good luck!

MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 08:39
Quote: "to help with the dying thing, the later versions have ragdoll in it, the script should be around the script area in these forums."

Do you know where one is located and can you send me the link? If you don't mind of course. If not I'll search for it myself.

Elite Indie Games
The Nerevar
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 09:03 Edited at: 10th Aug 2012 09:03
;Artificial Intelligence Script

;Conjured Header

desc = ragdoll

;Triggers

:state=0:state=1,floatrate=1,coloff,nobulletcol,ragdoll

;End of Script

The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 18:56
So you think you deserve to be paid for the time you spent on the game? Yeah, that sounds fair somehow.

But if I bought it for a dollar, replayed it at least 3 times and then wrote a review, you'd owe me 10 bucks for MY time.

If there'd be a free demo, I would of course provide a free (but short) review.

In case you find my grammar and spelling weird ---> native German speaker ^^
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 22:03 Edited at: 10th Aug 2012 22:06
http://www.mlgelites.com/Games/Trenches/TrenchesDemoInstall.exe

Ok there's the Demo. I don't want to cheat anybody so I'll just say this, there is only two levels and the demo is the first one. So if you just want the demo that's fine but if you want the first level and the second level, it'll just be $1.00.

Also, I want to get the german word for loading on the loading screen. Right now I have "Laden" because that's what a online translator got me. Can anyone confirm this or tell me what the real word is?

Elite Indie Games
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 01:48
Oh sorry I forgot to thank FPSCgamerguy2 for giving me the script! Well, Thank you very much I'm sure this will definitely help me!

Elite Indie Games
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 03:25 Edited at: 11th Aug 2012 03:28
I will spare you a review for now and give you a helpful tip:

Download the FREE "Wargame Community Pack":http://www.northernfoxmedia.com/index.php?option=downloads&catid=81&order=0&otype=0&Itemid=0&page=2

Amongst other useful media it containes trench segments that look a lot more like the real thing than the cliffs from the Modern Pack you are using.

You can see a picture in this thread (there is also a working link for a short youtube vid):http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=183428&b=24

MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 03:53
I know that I'm going to be seen as stupid for saying this buy how exactly would I "install it" and yes I know there's no installer I just didn't know what to called the process. Every time I get an error message when I try to use it. Do I need to update the engine?

Elite Indie Games
The Storyteller 01
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 13:45
Quote: "Do I need to update the engine?"
You should update the engine in any case since your stock weapons dont have hands.

Corno_1
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Also, I want to get the german word for loading on the loading screen. Right now I have "Laden" because that's what a online translator got me. Can anyone confirm this or tell me what the real word is?"

"Laden" is the basic word, but if you want to have the correct translation, you should say "Lädt..."

Yes, i´m a noob, but i like it
http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196656&b=24
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 01:23
Ok everyone sorry for not posting in awhile but I was busy installing this on my new computer so it will run better. However I noticed that after I installed the upgrade all the model packs I bought weren't there anymore. Do I have to reinstall them? or is this a bug. I'm using v1.19. Please help so I can start patching this up again! and thanks for the translation Corno_1! I'll try to add it as so as I get this fixed!

Elite Indie Games
Disturbing 13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Aug 2012 19:58
you have to reinstall them.No bug.

Disturbing13
Dev Forum Store
MLGElites
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Nov 2012 02:13 Edited at: 25th Nov 2012 02:20
Ok, in response to another project I'm working on I'm making a small change at the end of the game so it follows the story of the next game. Just small changes and the levels will be the same. It's going to be part of a sci-fi series called "A Strangers Story". Same title but with the "A Strangers Story" at the end. I'll post another post with this game as well as a video soon.

Also, with a remodeling of the site, "MLGElites," the sites owners for some reason took away my admin privilages. I'm trying to get my friend "the owner" to give them back so I can post the new stuff. Luckily no one bought it and the game has been taken off the site so I can make the necessary changes to the game.

Elite Indie Games

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-28 15:33:33
Your offset time is: 2024-03-28 15:33:33