Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / huge issues with Xcode 4.4!!!! "cannot run on the selected destination"

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 05:49 Edited at: 10th Aug 2012 06:16
Hello, I have ran into a horrible error that no matter where I look I can not figure out or find a good solution. According to some sights, changing you base sdk to 5.1 (instead of latest iOS(5.1)) would fix it... which it did not for me.

The main error says:

Title: "Cannot run on the selected destination"

description:

"The selected destination does not support the architecture for which the selected software is built. Switch to a destination that supports that architecture in order to run the selected software."

*This error only happens when I try to use the virtual iphone or iPad. When I try to use my actual iphone (with proper certification and provisions) says "A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found"

I have ran into this error over and over again even if I create a new app folder or even download a fresh new agk folder... It would work a couple of times then when I would change the sdk from 4.2 to 5.1 and change the code signing it will run into that error. I would thank anyone who can help me! I have been trying to figure this out for hours now .

edit: I just got a download in the app store for an updated Xcode! and it fixed the issue... the problem is now I get this error:

title: "Xcode cannot run using the selected device"

description: "Choose a destination with a supported architecture in order to run on this device."

again thank you for the help!

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 16:47
You should be using iOS SDK 5.1 for your iOS devices.

Are you working in Tier 1 or Tier 2?

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 20:08
well I am running on sdk 5.1 and I am using tier 1. I will be looking around the internet to see if I can find anything else.

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Aug 2012 22:19
I actually started having the same issues shortly after my first response to you. Wierd!

Nothing had actually changed, but Xcode was confused.

I did something that sometimes works with Windows, I shut down and restarted. It seems to be behaving better.

Dumb question, but did you clean and rebuild in Xcode in between attempts? Sometimes that is what is needed as well. Certainly if you change any of the project parameters (like the sdks), it is necessary.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
anwserman
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Aug 2012 09:45 Edited at: 11th Aug 2012 09:47
I've had this issue before, it can depend on your project settings. Make sure the correct architectures are specified for the iOS version you're building for. This could mean that if you're building for iOS 4.2 and earlier that ARMV6 is included. Anything 4.3 and beyond you can just specify ARMV7.

EDIT: Also, I noticed that I had issues provisioning as well. Make sure when you're trying to run, that all of the provisioning profiles for the project are "iOS Developer", except for Release-Deployment. That one can be "iOS Deployment".

Hi there. My name is Dug. I have just met you, and I love you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:14
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 23:34:14