Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
User Banned
Posted: 12th Aug 2012 09:05
ok this is my first step into mobile development
i have coded this with DarkGDK easily can be transforment into AGK
but havent bought it yet.

so my aim is first to understand TouchScreens and how they work
so i created a tile based simple engine to catch my mouse x,y when i tap the mouse button a bucket at that location is created
the idea behind the game is to catch as many raindrops as you can
nothing fency but its a start.

does this works like mobile touch screens or am i completly off track here?

http://youtu.be/Hl6LIHn_3o8

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Aug 2012 09:58
Yeah, that would work on a touch screen. Anything you can do by clicking or click+dragging the mouse you can do on a touch screen. As long as you remember that the precision is far worse. On the other hand, touchscreens supports multiple touches at the same time.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 01:23
haliop your going to like agk, but don't get the membership from apple tell you have plenty of games made then maybe pay for a year. I not resubscribing too apple yet not until I have 5 or 6 good games made.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 02:12
i see that is something i would think , i think Android market is a good place to start. but first i'll wait till i have AppGameKit in my hands then create a game then only then start thinking about marketing .. but ty for letting me know.

haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 02:15
btw is tier 2 aviable? i want to continue working in C++ i find it very easy for me , does anyone knows about this?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 02:27
Tier 2 is totally available once you buy the full version.

If you are a C++ coder, you'll love it. You can replace most of the basic string handling done in AppGameKit with native C++ stuff.

I started in Tier 1 and then converted my WIP to Tier 2 and am very glad.

Having said that, if you are not an experienced coder, Tier 1 is great.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 02:39
im a decent coder , you can check my posts in WIP and in DarkGDK search for the Tower Defense Game there should be a demo somewhere.

altough i have alot to learn like for instance yesterday i learned "extern" which changed completly how i use global variables before it i used to get link errors and always had to find a way around it, but now things are easier to accomplish.

i find it exciting AppGameKit HERE I COME!!!!!

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 05:38
maybe someday we can team up haliop and make a game. Like when I talk to you 2 years ago about making a game. After I complete my sprite engine though that will be a while.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 13th Aug 2012 11:47
sure man currently i am waiting for AppGameKit to be on my PC and if im right it should be sometime this day or tommarow , i have the tower defense game to complete and need to learn AppGameKit and stuff ... but yeah i would like to team up and create one awesome game! i think we (TGC community) should really start thinking about community task force where we all team up and create one extremlly A game , just a thought.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:04:19
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:04:19