Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / why dosent this work?

Author
User Banned
Posted: 14th Aug 2012 22:08

ok so what you see here is a simple box generator the problems im having is that for some reason the sprites dosenot get deleted if they passed the CheckBox function which checks for y value of the sprite if the y value have passed 100 the sprite is deleted . simple .. but dosent work , why? am i doing something wrong here? i am new to basic so maybe i dont notice something is should.

ty for your time.
nadav.

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Aug 2012 22:48
Since there are no sprites that exist, when you call GetFreeSprite(), it never exits.

You need a second part to the loop in GetFreeSprite():

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Aug 2012 05:53 Edited at: 15th Aug 2012 06:07
haliop you know c++, why are you programming basic. Its ok, I guess but you can program alot faster in c++ then in basic since you have been using dark gdk so much, or are you just trying agk out with the trial software.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
haliop
User Banned
Posted: 17th Aug 2012 01:00
Nope , just wanting to learn basic and it's pretty cool and easy I will move back to cplusplus after I'll create a game in basic, learning a new language is important and may reward me later on as a programmer and in general.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 05:36:29
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 05:36:29