Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Typing words animation - tier 1

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 05:22
I'm thinking in a routine that will print the text as it is being typed (like Nintendo RPG games, for example) in tier 1.

Any ideas how I could time the characters in the main loop, still starting the print function from a single command. You could think on it being async, like this theoretical code:

Any idea to get me started?

Thanks!

Paulo

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 12:16 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2012 12:17
MobileCreator, I think I have achieved what you are after, but I get the impression you only want support and not the entire code. I won't post the entire code here unless you want me to?...

Just to give you an idea, to start with, I set the text alpha color to 0 (for the entire text). I then used SetTextCharColorAlpha(Text, Char, 255) to display each individual character one after the other...

Let me know if you have any questions, or if you want me to post the code...
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 12:57 Edited at: 22nd Aug 2012 12:59
That's not a bad idea Funnell.

The other way to do it is with a timer and a few text/string commands.

psuedocode (sort of):

Something like that.

MobileCreator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 15:15
Thanks guys! Both ideas are excellent. I will try to implement it and put my code here.

You're right, Funnell7, I'm trying to implement it myself. If I have problems accomplishing it, I'll ask specific questions - I think I learn better this way

I'll try both and see what is better. Playing with Alpha is interesting to eventually give a fade in effect, for example. Very cool.

I'll also try to add a cursor, as in a terminal console.

Thanks again

Paulo

----------
Paulo
http://www.mobilecreators.com

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 09:35:58
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 09:35:58