Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Music & Sound FX / Looking for 8-bit fantasy music

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 22nd Aug 2012 21:47
Anyone know where I can find some nice 8-bit/chiptune fantasy style game music? Free or royalty free.

Latch
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Oct 2012 22:25 Edited at: 5th Oct 2012 22:26
I don't know if you are still interested in this but here's some information:

The Commodore 64 had probably the best 8 bit sound and compositions for it's day. You may be able to get a few sid files (commodore 64 music) that are what you need. A good place to start is here:

Commodore 64 Music

The process would be:

1. Get a SID player
2. Download some music
3. Play the music through the sid player and convert it to WAV and save it to disk
4. Do what you need to the WAV for your game - convert it to MP3 or OGG, break it into smaller parts, etc.

If you want to try your hand at programming your own 8 bit SID tunes, you should check out Goat Tracker:

Goat Tracker

Enjoy your day.
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 17:56
It would be a problem with copyrights. If would be nice if I could just buy some songs somewhere. But I have not found a site with suitable 8-bit music.

Thanks anyway

Demo 2 is out! Click the image for more.
MisfitChris
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey man. You're welcome to use some of my tracks off this album. Just credit me : ]

http://misfitchris.bandcamp.com/album/famicom-sessions-special-edition
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Jan 2013 16:48
MisfitChris:
Sorry for not replying sooner. I haven't looked on this board since my previous post. Really good stuff you have there. Some of those tracks are very close to what I am looking for. Some of them I wish I could take parts from them and others to cut bits out. I'll listen to them some more and think about it. Thanks a lot for the offer

Demo 2 is out! Click the image for more.
slankman
Years of Service
User Offline
hey whats up buddy i can make any type of music sound effects or background music you need, esp the 8 bit sounds i have so many of those. give me a email slankman7@yahoo.com so we can talk more and visit my website of previous music i have made. www.soundclick.com/slankman
Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Feb 2013 22:30
Sorry, already working with MisfitChris. I really like his 8-bit music and it's included in Demo 3 of my game.

Demo 3 is out now!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 14:04:40
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 14:04:40