Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Failed to get Bitmap Bits for Image created from ImageJoiner ...

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello all,

I created a Atlas Image using the ImageJoiner utility. The base images were all bitmap images with a resolution of ^2. The ImageJoiner ulilty completed without any errors. I have my results folder with my atlas image and my subimages.txt file. So far so good.

When I use atlas image file that is created from ImageJoiner in AppGameKit using the LoadImage command I recieve the following message:

"Failed to get bitmap bits for image: /media/images/jackRun/Jack_Run.png - is your desktop using 32 bit colors? at line 13"

I have verified via Control Panel that I am indeed using 32-bit colors on my desktop. I also took just one of the images that was used to make up the atlas image and loaded it seperately and it loaded and displayed without an issue.

So are there certain limitations to what the ImageJoiner can do? Admittedly my Atlas Image is rather large, 8160X6720. Could that be it? Is is the color codes I am using my images?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Cassius
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 22:33
How big is this file (not dimensions, but size on disk)?

I'm betting that the size is your basic problem. I could be wrong. But the size makes me suspicious.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
cassius
Years of Service
User Offline
The file size is 648kb on disk. I will try to make it smaller to see if that makes a difference.

Cassius
cassius
Years of Service
User Offline
It looks like the size of the file on disk might have been part of the issue.

I reduced the individual sizes from 340x280 to 128x128 and redid the atlas image using ImageJoiner. It works now. So it could have been the width/hieght ratio of the images or it could have been the file size of the atlas file.

Thanks for the help.

Cassius
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 00:49
I think it was the overall size of the atlas file.

Glad you got it working.

Happy Programming!

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 08:36:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 08:36:01