Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / ragdoll physics

Author
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 24th Aug 2012 22:57
whats the best joint to use for, or has someone got a demo i could see.

There can only be one
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 03:39
Rag-Doll physics is pretty hard. If you use rotate about function it makes it easier. I have my own editor, I have been working on that its main feature is importing tiled maps and exporting the maps to code. I have also implemented rotate about function in the editor that I am writing, but I going back to college so I guess that my sprite engine will be incomplete. Unless I find time while attending classes, I don’t think that I will have the time required to finish it. Spriter is another good option, but the guy making spriter is getting paid to make his editor and after that he will charge about 50-70 bucks per license. I will never buy spriter because I have my own editor.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
CJB
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 04:05
You can make one sprite rotate around another using CreateRevoluteJoint. I guess it could be used for rag-dolls.

Cor
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 06:38
Yes CJB is correct, a lot of the joints you would use to make a rag doll are revolute. My app stress ninja has a rag doll character, agk actually makes setting up rag dolls somewhat easy.
Zubby1970
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: AGK Studio Always
Posted: 25th Aug 2012 23:15
Thanks guys

There can only be one
Greenster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 09:05 Edited at: 27th Aug 2012 09:06
there is actually a strong market for this if anyone had the time to code it. People want physical objects, and even more so ragdoll characters on collisions.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 11:34
I started including code for making rag dolls in my character workshop. The two key elements seem to be having minimal physics shapes and adding the correct limits to the revolute joints. I intended to make a simple joint editor and include my shape maker in the editor as well as adding a couple of editable 'skeletons' but I haven't had time to finish it yet...

this.mess = abs(sin(times#))
3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 13:53 Edited at: 27th Aug 2012 14:49
Limits would be good as well as using revolute joint. Revelute joint actually would work the same as rotate about. You just need to add joints. Baxslash may have more time then I do right know so he might add on his editor: wish that we had worked together on the project baxslash I have used your editor as well as mine there are still features I like about yours like zoom. Dark gdk does not have zoom.
maybe other programmers going to colledge that I am going too can help with the project. I don't know if they will or not. If that does not happen I might make it an open source project. I still think that AppGameKit is not a good program to make the project in. It might easier then dark gdk but lacks Gui functionality.
Agk strength is box 2d- Gdk they don't have support for general use of these functions.

Developer of Space Chips, pianobasic, zipzapzoom, and vet pinball apps. Developed the tiled map engine seen on the showcase. Veteran for the military.
baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 14:53
Yes it would have been great to get some help. I think a simple GUI could work well in AppGameKit but I may revisit it later. I may reduce the functionality of my character editor for now to just make rag dolls, but I don't have much time any more...

Spriter is shaping up nicely as an animation editor and could well be finished before mine now.

Zoom could be manually created in GDK I would have thought, or using the Box2D system in GDK perhaps? The library is free for C++

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 15:47
Yes I know how to plug box 2d in gdk. It is not as User freindly as AppGameKit is though.

baxslash
Valued Member
Bronze Codemaster
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 17:05
No, true. Just a suggestion though.

3d point in space
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 04:51 Edited at: 28th Aug 2012 05:34
Hay baxslash I finally figured out box 2d a day before I go to college. It is not that bad to use in dark gdk I made a simple dos sample for it and it worked yea just have to include the lib.
this is a tool bar I developed for that part. I currently moving and still programming lol can't stop I guess that means bad grades.
probably don't need mirror. I think I am trolling baxslash.

Attachments

Login to view attachments

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-02 14:07:51
Your offset time is: 2024-05-02 14:07:51