Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Newcomers DBPro Corner / usb microphones

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
hi,
Anyone know of any software to allow multiple USB microphone recording.
Code snippets would really help.
regards
peter
MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 27th Aug 2012 16:25
umm my guess would be to utilise some sort of DLL calls... or use a single USB microphone input which allows multiple microphone inputs and that way you just record the one mic...

but it looks like you will need to utilise some form of DLL and link multiple streams of sorts...

hope this helps...

I must add that this thread made me look deeper into my sound options and after hours of looking, I learned a good deal out of my tools and unfortunately not much in the way of finding you a solutioon other than the one outlined above...

BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 28th Aug 2012 16:29
Mixing desks come with their own drivers (AISO) to allow multi-channel input. But then you also need software that can read all channels into different streams, it's quite a niche market and you pay lots of money for a system that can do it. I have a multi-channel input mixing desk, but even then the software struggles to deal with it.

WLGfx
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 00:22
I used to have a Soundblaster card that had multiple inputs and it was cool for what I used it for.

I guess the only way you can get multiple inputs is to split the stereo line-in, in to two channels but they both would then be mono. Apart from that, as BatVink says, extra hardware and software is what you need.

Using two sound cards may give you the extra input channel too but I can't be too sure about recording though although I can't see why not.

Mental arithmetic? Me? (That's for computers) I can't subtract a fart from a plate of beans!
Warning! May contain Nuts!
bunnyb
Years of Service
User Offline
Thanks to all who answered.
At the moment I use the stereo input on a PC split into two mono inputs giving very limited control over the sound.
Using two sound cards would give me 4 or more inputs but it's the software controlling them thats the problem.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-25 15:29:19
Your offset time is: 2024-04-25 15:29:19