Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / Android Player 1.1.10751

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 03:17
I compiled my game to the Motorola XOOM tonight with this version and was pleasantly suprised. (This is the 24/08 beta I found on the "My Products" page).

Previously, my game was falling to 44 fps and now it barely drops past 55 fps (need to isolate what it is that's doing that yet).

It's not easy to keep track of the different versions because they aren't labeled up - I had to download it and install it just to see what version it is.

Anyway, this seems to be a serious step forward in getting a functioning android version on the XOOM. I did notice that sprites got messed up when switching the game to background and back again.. (the mag / min filters look to be getting reset)

How come the android player thread is quiet since May?

nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 00:18
OK, so I tested on some other devices and found the bug on ice-cream sandwich where the music stops looping. There's of course this other big deal with the graphics borking up when switching the app, but I'm so happy

Hey, I've got a background in my game and my framerate is right up there!

Paul, what did you do to fix this?!

What's the situation with any official testing, considering this is a beta android player?

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 17:55
For an Android device, the GetResumed() command will tell you when you've come back from the background. You can then call a function which reapplies any attributes that appear to get lost.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
nz0
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 20th Sep 2012 22:49
That's useful, but I'd rather it wasn't hapenning in the first place.
It might strip the min/mag filters on my platform, but what about others?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 05:14:18
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 05:14:18