Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / a function in agk for multiple platforms

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Aug 2012 22:34
Hello, I was thinking how cool it would be if agk had a core function within it to detect what device it is running on and then changing it's performance based on that device. An example of what I am saying is...

if you have agk on a PC it will run on the highest graphics, multi threading, 64-bit, allocate more memory, etc. while on my iphone it will do less of the major functions for better performance.

I do not really know if agk has this type of feature in it or not, but I think it would be useful for agk to have it for future reference.

sov the game creator!
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Sep 2012 01:33 Edited at: 3rd Sep 2012 10:17
There is a GetDeviceName command which is pretty self explanatory. Lee will soon be giving us the ability to specify the number of threads for AppGameKit to use (or it will choose based on the device). Check the App Game Kit facebook page for more details.

MrValentine
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Playing: FFVII
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 04:54
Hodgey is that not for Box2D though?

Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 3rd Sep 2012 10:17
Quite right Mr V! If we're lucky, the multithreading will spread to other areas of AGK.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 05:00:34
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 05:00:34