Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Android / I don't know what's going on!!

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 31st Aug 2012 01:11
Only a partial complaint, as I'm still basking in my shiny new "maybe my game will work" mode, but:

1) Updates to the player code appear in my product download, old versions on google shop (with same version number) don't work

2) Where's the release notes for android player (beta) - what's been changed? What's BEING changed / looked at?

3) Who's controlling or informing on bugs ? TGC or this testing community scene that ancient lady is running - most confusing?

4) Can we standardise on what is what? We call it 1.07, 1.1.10751, or simply "new version" - please get some version control information going on!

5) Google bug list is hit and miss - looked at once every 3 months? Now there seems to be all kinds of "stuff" going on, but it seems so random. I don't mind being a tester if I know I`m a tester.. but until then I`m a consumer, so please treat me like one.

6) In the words of Silvio from the Sopranos: ""Just when I thought I was out...they pulled me back in."

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 18:00
3) You report bugs on the google issues page with enough information and then we community testers will try to reproduce the issue. If we can reliably reproduce it, we label the bug confirmed (we have a website that this is done on) and then the developers have something to work with. And I am NOT running the community testers. That role was created by TGC, I am just one of the volunteers (and since I have the ability and the server, I created a site for us).

4) Unless something changed while I was away on vacation, the current version is 1.076. 1.07 is the major version and the '6' is the current minor version with lots of fixes.

5) The developers do look at it, but they process stuff in batches.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-26 02:32:36
Your offset time is: 2024-04-26 02:32:36