Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

3 Dimensional Chat / Merging BVH Mocaps

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hey, I was wondering if there was a way to merge BVH mocap files into one set of animations, so that I could rig them to a .X file in Fragmotion. If not Fragmotion, what program would I need?

Art challenges technology, and technology inspires art. -John Lasseter
JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2012 01:09
As long as the BVH skeletons have the same bones and names you can easily go to your keyframe editor and copy-paste the keyframes from one bvh to your current one. This is what I do in truespace.

Basically I load my character model then my first bvh file. I merge the two. Then I load my next bvh file. I go to the last keyframe of my main character and then just copy the keyframes over. Really easy.

ChrisCross
Years of Service
User Offline
Well, I don't know if FragMo can do that, but it's worth a try. I'll get back to you on that

ChrisCross
Years of Service
User Offline
Oh, 'nother thing. How do I get a skeleton that's walking across the animation grid to airwalk in place?

JLMoondog
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 5th Sep 2012 14:32 Edited at: 5th Sep 2012 14:33
Quote: "Oh, 'nother thing. How do I get a skeleton that's walking across the animation grid to airwalk in place?"

That's called sloppy mocab editing. It would be easier to get a different walk cycle that stays in one place.

ChrisCross
Years of Service
User Offline
Crap...I don't know if I can find one of those without paying buku bucks. I did find out how to merge animations together. Looks like the mocap guy forgot to stick his walker on a treadmill. Once I get the mocaps merged, I will put up the finished skeleton.

Wolf
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 03:05
Quote: "buku bucks"

beaucoup.

I would also appreciate if you would post wether or not using fragmotion did the trick and how you accomplished it. I'm new to animations.

-Wolf

"This thread has been locked for the following reason: Too much EPIC" - Thraxas
ChrisCross
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 7th Sep 2012 03:08 Edited at: 7th Sep 2012 03:24
beaucoup...reminds me of the movie theater scene in Full Metal Jacket
I'm working on it right now as we speak. I'm very new to animations as well, so I hear you.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-20 08:18:54
Your offset time is: 2024-04-20 08:18:54