Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Windows Based Build

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi,
we are developing a game using VS2010, it work fine in debug but the template seem to not work when i try to compile in release.

Another problem is the location of the data. Data seem to be in documents/agk/"game name folder"
there is a way to move all into the template folder ?

When a windows build in release is created the data will be where ? if i have to send the game there is a way to have an all-in package ?

Thanks a lot.

For Mac OS everything is fine and we will release the game on Mac App Store for the end of this month.
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
even if you do not save out any prefs file in your app, agk will create an "agk" dir in documents.

i always found this very very annoying.
7RS
Years of Service
User Offline
Yes is fine but if i want to give a windows build to someone i must make them put data in the documents ? If i would like to sell the game how i can make the package ?
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Sep 2012 20:39
Your game can have default files in your media directory for options and things. Then, when you open the same named file to write updates to it, the file will be created in the <user>/Documents/agk/<yourgame> directory. The next time the game opens, it will read the Documents version of the file (as long as you use the exact same name).

When an AppGameKit app goes to open any file, it first looks in the Documents directory and then the <yourapp> media directory.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 13:36:18
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 13:36:18