Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Dark GDK / Possible to render inside an external application?

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Dbpro and Darkgdk create their own window for rendering objects. But lets say I wanted to draw a point light inside another application, would this be possible with Darkgdk?
TheComet
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 12:00
What's this "other application" thou speakest of?

TheComet

"Why geeks like computers: unzip, strip, touch, finger, grep, mount, fsck, more, yes, fsck, fsck, fsck, umount, sleep." - Unknown
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Sep 2012 14:19
Quote: "But lets say I wanted to draw a point light inside another application, would this be possible with Darkgdk? "

It is if you can get the pointer to the directx9 device from that application

Mirks
Years of Service
User Offline
If I understand correctly, if I were to use the DirectX sdk to do such a thing I would pass the HWND window id as a parameter when creating D3DDevice. But I was hoping to avoid the DX sdk and find an easier way with Dark GDK.

@Brendyboy - do you know how I could go about finding the pointer to the directx device, and what I would do afterwards?
Brendy boy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 01:10
Quote: "do you know how I could go about finding the pointer to the directx device,"

i have no idea how can you get that pointer of another application. Is that application yours? If it is you can send the pointer from one application to another

[email]and what I would do afterwards? [/email]
if depends what exactly you want to do

Diggsey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Sep 2012 19:08
Quote: "It is if you can get the pointer to the directx9 device from that application"

No, you still need to call the commands from the same thread that created the device.

[b]

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-18 06:35:29
Your offset time is: 2024-04-18 06:35:29