Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Freedom Engine, bugs, suggestions and thoughts

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2012 18:16 Edited at: 17th Sep 2012 15:30
Okay, I know this is a new, beta product, but I was making a record of the bugs and suggestions as they came up, it got quite long, so thought I had best share before it gets too big.

FE Bugs:
1) Cannot copy text from the log tab (makes bug reporting a bit trickier).
2) getstringtoken("A,B,C",",",1) does not compile "Unknown instruction 886 at line n"
3) Strings cannot be returned from functions (should they be, no error in log?) see code below:

4) Circle physics shape does not work, seems to have very small physics object at centre, try:

* Edit - May have to do with using a png with alpha map, SetSpriteShapeCircle seems to work okay.

Suggestions/Feature requests:
1) Function to write text to the Log would be very handy.
2) Find and Replace in editor
3) Some way of sharing Projects with groups or the community, preferably straight out of the ide. Settings for 'read only', contribute etc (yes, I know,early days yet).

Other thoughts:
I really like this project and think it has great potential. The "code anywhere, see the results right now", aspect is truely brilliant.
It is quite likely I will Upgrade, however as with other posts here I am finding it difficult to properly assess this with the 4000 char restriction, I would like to see this lifted or at least greatly extended (40000 might be more like it, or 4000 lines).

Great start, keep up the good work!

"Don`t try to engage my enthusiasm, I don`t have one"

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 12:07:01
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 12:07:01