Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / 6 Freedom Engine demos

Author
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Sep 2012 23:21 Edited at: 15th Sep 2012 14:29
I am working on several classic programs to turn into tutorials for freedom engine. You can try out the early examples now. These examples are not complete yet, but they do demostrate the freedom engine in action. Each of these examples are under 4000 characters.

Spinning Sprite!

I start all my tutorials with a spinning cube, now watch it's 2D brother.

Chore Roulette

Chore roulette is a retake of the classic Russain roulette. Instead of putting virual guns to your head, use this to bet chores instead. Don't want to do the washing up? Use to try and palm it off on someone else!

Hot and Cold numbers

This game demonstrates simple logic, guess between 1 and 99, and the computer will tell you if you are hot, warm or cold.

Pong

Two player pong, bat that ball between two players, keys are Q and A for left, and P and L for right.

Bricks

The classic brick breaking game, bounce the ball into bricks and watch them disapear.

Space Invaders
Aliens are invading! Need I say more?
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 02:48
Nice games/demos Daniel!

Digital Awakening
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 11:03
Man, even on my new laptop and broadband connection it takes for ever to load up FE to start playing. After waiting a full 60 seconds I got tired of waiting and closed it down. If you want to have any success with FE this has to be dealt with. Waiting times are oh so important online.

Demo 2 is out! Click the image for more.
DMXtra
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 12:55
Once you load Freedom engine the first time it takes a bit longer, after that it's a lot quicker.

App Game Kit (A.G.K.) - Want to be creative on many platforms at once? This is the tool you need.
Daniel TGC
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 14:09
The first time I loaded it, it only took 20 seconds at the most. What system specifications are you using?

Also what's your Wifi quality? Remember, the further you are from your router, and the more walls between it and you the slower your connection.

P2P and file sharing slows down your connection so disable these.

Does it load fast with or without your virus checker running?
JimHawkins
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 14:46
I can use the engine in edit mode - the examples work fine - but NO links work. Something has changed since day one - because they worked then.

For example - I just loaded the 3D example in the editor. No problem. I pasted the link into a new tab. Usual problem: just spends eternity in the "Loading" animation bar. This is on a gigabit wired connection to an 8Mb/s router.

Something is broken in the link parameter mechanism that really, really needs to be fixed.

-- Jim DO IT FASTER, EASIER AND BETTER WITH AppGameKit FOR PASCAL
SafePit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Sep 2012 22:20
I had the same problem. If you're using an AdBlock program you'll need to disable it (or exclude the freedom-engine.com domain). If the ad doesn't load, FE hangs at the "loading" screen.

Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Sep 2012 06:56
It's definitely the adblocker that's causing the issue. I'll probably just set it up so it doesn't run on the Freedom Engine site.

TGC should make sure that there's a notice that if the user is using an ad-blocker they need to turn it off to play the game.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-01 04:41:17
Your offset time is: 2024-05-01 04:41:17