Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

iOS and MacOS / app permissions problem

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 06:17
Hello, I have been working on a tier 1 app for a while now. When I implement it into the interpreter code on xcode and then execute it... it shows this error:

"Could not change executable permissions on the application"

and the thing is, it does it right when it is sandboxing the application. Thank you in advance!

p.s. Ancient Lady, I want to thank you so much for all of the help you have gave me through out the times I have had problems with my apps! I just wanted to say that

sov the game creator!
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 26th Sep 2012 16:18
First, thank you. I'm always glad to help.

What version of Xcode are you using?

What iOS version is your device?

When you say 'sandboxing' do you mean running the app on your connected device from Xcode?

If so, are you seeing the error when you try to run the app on the device when not connected? (Once you run an app from Xcode on a connected device, it leaves the app on the device and you can run as much as you want.)

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
sovr
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 07:35 Edited at: 30th Sep 2012 07:36
Sorry for the super long wait! But I sloved the problem, it turns out I had a bundle identifier that was the exact same as another bundle identifier (in a different app). I do have another, maybe easy, problem with ios and windows... I have a client app on my iphone and a server app on my laptop with windows. I checked to see they were on tye same network and everything (which they were) and did a lot of troubleshooting, but both apps on the two devices can not communicate to each other. My ios is 6 and I am running on windows 7. I even tried to turn off 3g and only wifi to connect, but no luck. Thank you in advance for your help! I will post code after I get some sleep

sov the game creator!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:23
Your offset time is: 2024-03-29 09:30:23