Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Windows / Cannot get Tier 2 to compile

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 13:45 Edited at: 30th Sep 2012 05:08
First off I need to express my frustration with how awful Tier 2 is supported with AGK. I'm bordering insanity trying to get this working. Anyway I won't go into why it's so bad because it's glaringly obvious to everyone that tries it.

Anyway I'm having issues when compiling. I'm sure they're something simple but I have no idea how to go about anything since I don't usually use VSC++ for my C++ projects.

So I'm using Visual Studio 2010 Premium, with C++ installed of course. Naturally I load up the solution under the Projects/Native/Windows_VS2010 folder. Now when I try to compile ANY of the examples here I get the following output in console:
Release mode:
Quote: "1>C:\Program Files (x86)\MSBuild\Microsoft.Cpp\v4.0\Microsoft.CppBuild.targets(293,5): error MSB8010: Specified platform toolset (v90) requires Visual Studio 2008. Please make sure that Visual Studio 2008 is installed on the machine."

Debug Mode: http://pastebin.com/ZyG6ZZnt (pastebinned because it is giant)

Is anyone here able to help me out? Thanks in advance.

PS: TGC please do something about the ridiculous difficulty of setting up Tier 2 on Windows and Android x_x

EDIT: It appears the VS_2010 template works perfectly for me. Not sure why, since I used the exact same methods to link libraries and includes as I did for the examples. Anyway my problem is solved for now, thanks for the help guys.

www.kuics.com - KUICS Australia PTY LTD
Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 18:21
First, see this post for v1076 Tier 2 projects.

Next we all agree about the issues of Tier 2. The AppGameKit guys did post a working Tier 2 template for Android in the TGC 'My Products' download page. That was the basis for the one in the set I posted.

Make sure that your library path is:
<AGKDIR>\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\VS2010\Debug

and not just
<AGKDIR>\IDE\platform\windows\Lib\Debug

That might be the main reason for the compile errors.

Have you tried doing the build in Release instead of Debug?

All of the Tier 2 projects are out of date with v1076 for the core files. The template_vs10.zip within the posted zip file has a complete, working Tier 2 template. It is set up for MS VS 2010 express, but should work for the premium.

I suggest you start with that template and add code from another and see if it works.

Elsewhere there are other discussions about errors popping up about the toolset.

Setting up Android for Tier 2 is the same as for Tier 1. And we all wish it could have been easier.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
Hodgey
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 23:14
Here's a video on setting up the templates. The process should work for Ancient Lady's templates (I haven't tried it though).

Ancient Lady
Valued Member
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 29th Sep 2012 23:52
I should note (as I did in my post with templates) that I've added some tweaks that do a bit more than the original templates do.

And my template has all the paths set as per the video, except that they are explicit. You will need to edit them and change 'C:\TGC\AGK' to whatever your path for AppGameKit is. Other than that, they are set to go.

Cheers,
Ancient Lady
AGK Community Tester
KUICS
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 05:07
Out of curiosity I gave the VS_2010 template a go, and for whatever reason it works perfectly. No directories were moved, so no relative issues could have got in the way. The libraries, linkers and includes are all connected properly to my knowledge. But anyhow, I can get the examples working by simply putting the example over the top of the template so for now my problem is solved.

Thanks for the suggestions, though. I'm glad they're aware of the T2 issues and hopefully it will be easier for people to set up in the future.

www.kuics.com - KUICS Australia PTY LTD
bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
KUICS obviously if you are using VS2010 you should use the VS2010 template plus make sure that it is referencing the right libs. If you look in the AppGameKit folders you can find libs compiled for VS2008 and VS2010.

Soon we will have to deal with VS2012 too!

Still we have no working T2 1080

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-04-19 10:33:06
Your offset time is: 2024-04-19 10:33:06