Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 30th Sep 2012 17:55
I'm looking into purchasing MP53 for an FPSC project and eventually for use in some other engines, but I can't seem to find any license information online.

If someone could upload a copy of the license, or perhaps EAI could pop-in himself and provide a copy of the license I would greatly appreciate it.

maho76
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 11:48 Edited at: 1st Oct 2012 11:50
there should be a license-text in the pack itself. look into license folder inside fpsc, should be there. normally errant provides full commercial license for fpsc-games, not for selling in a modelpack, and ask-for license to use in other engines. but i am not that sure about that with mp53.

errant-mail: http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=197603&b=24

Bejasc3D
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 1st Oct 2012 16:34
Quote: "I'm looking into purchasing MP53"

As I understand it, once you purchase them, you can use them however you wish, but they are provided as is, and support and help is only offered inside FPSC.

I can confirm these assets can work in Unity (via a process of importing and exporting).

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "As I understand it, once you purchase them, you can use them however you wish, but they are provided as is, and support and help is only offered inside FPSC."

Nailed it.
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 23:52
@Errant
In another thread you said this:
Quote: "You are allowed to convert assets to whatever you need and use in any engine where the final product (game) is NOT open source."

Is that accurate? If it is, is there a way that you would allow the pack to be used in an open source project(some form of encryption, limited DRM, etc)?

Errant AI
Years of Service
User Offline
Sorry for the reply lag. Been offline a while.

Open source is generally a no-go because it implies that multiple people would be using/benefiting from the media when only one person has paid for it. Not really any different than if there were two FPSC developers working together on a project. Both partners would need to have licenses for the same media if they were both working on the same map.

The important thing is that assets are compiled into the project in a way that they can't be readily decompiled back into raw assets or recycled into separate projects by users other than the license owner. FPSC itself only does a so-so job of this so that aspect is a bit of a grey area but that's the general spirit of the licensing (and a core reason why the media is relatively cheap).
Dar13
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 13th Oct 2012 17:17
Ah ok. My project is technically open source but in reality I'm the only person working on it so far.

Quote: "
The important thing is that assets are compiled into the project in a way that they can't be readily decompiled back into raw assets or recycled into separate projects by users other than the license owner."

When it comes time for a beta or final release, can I send you a preview of the game to decide whether the protections I would have put in place would be enough for release to the public?

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-12 00:04:57
Your offset time is: 2024-05-12 00:04:57