Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Atlas image help

Author
AGK Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 12:29
firstly sorry if I am mistaken and it is not an atlas image I am after

To set the scene, I have 2 images, a backdrop and a platform.
I want to have it so on touch a round sprite is created on top of the platform showing the backdrop behind it.

Can I call an atlas image with just the x,y coordinates? As the circle will always be the same size I could calculate which part of the image to show, then just offset it with the world coordinates?

To make matters worse I may want parallax scrolling as well, meaning all the sprites would need to change, this sounds very resource heavy.

Would it be possible to 'punch' a hole through the top sprite in another way?
I'm considering LOTS of sprites 1x1 pixel then delete sprite upon collision? I could then atlas up my board sprite to 1x1 pixel and concentrate on moving the backdrop for parallax?

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks!

I seek perfection but wear my scars with pride
Kobaltic
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 4th Oct 2012 21:02 Edited at: 4th Oct 2012 21:03
Quote: "Can I call an atlas image with just the x,y coordinates?"

Sorta, you set up the coordinates in a .txt file with a name associated with it. Then you simply call the name as you would any other sprite.

Here is my text file. I name the sprite, put in a staring X and Y coordinate then state how big the sprite is in X and Y in pixels.

edit: There is more to setting up atlas then just this. This file determines the coordinates.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-07 01:26:53
Your offset time is: 2024-05-07 01:26:53