Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

Author
TGC Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 16:24
Model Pack 65 has been released today. It's an extension of the space derelict pack (model pack 61), but can also be used totally standalone.

More details here: http://www.thegamecreators.com/?m=view_product&id=2323
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 19:38
I cant believe how cheap this is. another must buy for my scifi game. thanks to whoever making these packs.

more than what meets the eye

Welcome to SciFi Summer
kingofmk98
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 8th Oct 2012 21:08
Nice

This man with long tail just popped out and said Spagett!... It was not scary, It was just abnormal.
Ross tra damus
3D Media Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 00:22
Looks like a great Add-on and I wish you luck with it.
Leaning Objects To The Side
Years of Service
User Offline
I was just wondering, how do you make the screens roll like in the video? the reason why i asked this question, because the screens i received in my pack don't do anything..? one of the main reasons why i got this pack is for the rolling effects screens... Please advise. Thanks in advance. btw this is a really nice addon.

I hope you have a great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.

I hope all have a Great day!
LeeBamber
TGC Lead Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 02:23
Believe it or not, but the pack was created by my brother Christopher I've been urging him to improve his texture, geometry and shader quality over the years, and his hard work is starting to pay off with a very nice pack. When you use the pack, make sure you are running the latest FPSC update V119 and if the problem persists, email me directly at lee@thegamecreators.com and I will pass on your issue to CB.

Hogging the awesome since 1999
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 02:41 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 03:24
Hi Lee,Thanks for your quick response, the update i am using is V120 Public Beta 3...should i revert back to FPSC V119 in order for the rolling effects to work :-| and if so, can you please give me the link to the update FPSC v.119..? Thanks for all your hard work.

Cheers,
Tanya.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 04:55
I like your bother style of texture.I will buy this when I get started on my scifi game.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Scene Commander
Support Manager
Years of Service
User Offline
@Leaning Objects To The Side

I've purchased this pack today, and the rolling screens work, but are set to static by default in the pack. If you make them dynamic and set them to isimmobile they work fine.

I hope that helps.

Great addition BTW.

SC
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 9th Oct 2012 20:31 Edited at: 9th Oct 2012 21:19
Quote: "I've purchased this pack today, and the rolling screens work, but are set to static by default in the pack. If you make them dynamic and set them to isimmobile they work fine."

@ Scene Commander, i have done what you have suggested for me to do but it's still not working... also one of the segments is showing up all white..(rusty) base room (corner STD)do i need to revert back to FPSC V119? system specs Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit Toshiba Satellite intel Pentium T4300 4gbddr2 Ram 320gb hdd

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmSU4miXjpE

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 00:36 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 00:47
Tanya,

You are not supposed to make the monitor dynamic. In the entities section you will see some of the 'screens' angled in the same direction as the chosen monitor base. You need to move this so that it sits inside the front of the monitor base.

Then set that to dynamic and set isimmobile=yes

in regards to the texture missing, i will take a look at the path set out and get back to you.

Unfamillia

EDIT - After taking a look at the texture paths set out by Lees brother, i noticed that he repeated a letter for each texture.

For example.

The texture reads Space Derelict_Room 2 Floor 6_R_R_01_D2.DDS

You just need to go through and delete on of the '_R's and the textures all show up again.

So it reads Space Derelict_Room 2 Floor 6_R_01_D2.DDS

Obviously run your FPSC cleaner after you have done it.

Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 01:11 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 01:22
Edited

Artist Tag : Kasseyus
Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 01:16 Edited at: 10th Oct 2012 01:35
Hi,

Unfamillia is correct - the rolling screen must be assembled from two parts. If you grid lock the entities (B,B) the Screens will align to the segment walls. The animating part of the screen will fit perfectly inside this frame using the grid lock so there is not much fiddling around.

EDIT : The Lights also use the grid lock to align to the walls. R2L1 is for the Lower Room, R2U1 is for the Upper Room... they can be used anywhere of course but they automatically fit in these locations as standard.

Flatlander
FPSC Tool Maker
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 03:20
Looks good - both model packs (#61 and this one). I am sure that the Doctor is going to have to end up in a derelict space station and fight some kind of monster here. I just wish I could get the doctor out of the office already. :LOL:

The past has a lot of memories to hold onto; but, today is chock full of new adventures, and, the future shouts out, "The best is yet to come!" -- TerryC
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "EDIT - After taking a look at the texture paths set out by Lees brother, i noticed that he repeated a letter for each texture.
For example.

The texture reads Space Derelict_Room 2 Floor 6_R_R_01_D2.DDS

You just need to go through and delete on of the '_R's and the textures all show up again.

So it reads Space Derelict_Room 2 Floor 6_R_01_D2.DDS

Obviously run your FPSC cleaner after you have done it.
"

@Chris Bamber, can you please correct this issue,just in case some body don't know how to access the FPSC files to make the corrections them self...just a thought. btw you have done a Awesome job on ur model pack..Keep up the Good work.Thanks in advance.

Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Defiantly, the issue was fixed as soon as I read your post. I have submitted the new files to the team and they should be uploaded soon.

unfamillia
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 10th Oct 2012 14:13
@Chris

Well done on this pack! Very nice work and shader ready right out of the box. Impressive stuff. Thanks for the hard work.

I will be a continuing customer of yours.

Unfamillia

Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Hello Guys,

Download Link is an Alien Character I was toying with. He works quite well in this setting and his file path is designed to fit in with Space Derelict. Rest assured his big brothers (and sisters) will probably follow in the next pack with better quality meshes and textures - but everyone loves a little freebie here and there so please... enjoy .

Picture Below.

Any problems, please let me know and I will fix. I`m relatively new to characters.

EDIT : He uses the full stock FPSC animations so may be adaptable to use any weapon.. but I`ve not tested that.

Check Out My TGC Store for Loose Media

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Defiantly, the issue was fixed as soon as I read your post. I have submitted the new files to the team and they should be uploaded soon.
"

@Chris Bamber, Thanks You are the best!! I have even ordered model pack 61. I can't wait to see what you come up with next. Keep up the Awesome work. I hope you have a Great day.

Cheers,
Tanya.

michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 17:07 Edited at: 11th Oct 2012 17:10
ahh more freebies. the model artist here are getting good with their sales pitch. I be looking forward to more of your work.

also chris are you any good at rigging up some scifi weapon?

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Soviet176
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 11th Oct 2012 17:18
Excellent job chris! I really hope to see more Sci-fi packs from you! Keep it up, you can never have to much sci-fi. I'd love to see a second pack to your space derelict pack. Will be buying these soon!

Chris Bamber
Retired Moderator
Years of Service
User Offline
Hi Guys

There will be another Sci-Fi Pack forthcoming - it is currently work in progress. Those aliens in the image above are currently standing in one part of it.

It will take things a step further including sloping/curved corridors and (limited) destructible environments and will be fully compatible with this pack and pack 61, both geometrically and visually .

I also wanted to include some more aliens in there to give people something to shoot at - although until then I heartily recommend Bond's Viral Outbreak Monsters as they go with this setting oh so well .

@michael x
I`ve not tried guns yet but it is something I hope to get around to at some point.

Check Out My TGC Store for Loose Media
michael x
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 12th Oct 2012 05:14
that cool no worries on the weapons. just keep doing what you do best. im going to hold you packs in my basket until you release the next one. this going great for my scifi game. thanks again for your wonderful work. these are going to work well with CP scifi and my army of scifi characters.

Welcome to SciFi Summer
Johnski
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 14th Nov 2012 13:30
Just Bought it along with Model Pack 64

Thanks for another great pack!

I am back, better than ever!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-11 23:51:06
Your offset time is: 2024-05-11 23:51:06