Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Appup certificate problems?

Author
Developer
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 16:30
Didt you get a code when you where granted the certificate?
It whas inside the email you get.
Couldt you use it to speed things up?

Android 2.3 , ZTE Skate , 480x800 , 800 mhz , Samsung Galaxy Y , 240x320 , 832 mhz , Sony ericson arc 480x854 , 1 ghz
Android 4.0 , Dmtech 3g 9738B , 1024x768 , 9.7 inches , 1.2 ghz
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Ive emailed them anyway hopefully they can reissue one quickly. "

Best of luck, I find their email support to be the worst I've ever dealt with. At one point I thought I had the same thing happen (certificate issues when trying to download it) so I submitted a second new application and sent an email. Then I think my original order was successful so I requested to cancel the new one. It took days of emails to get it canceled, and hopefully they didn't also cancel my original.
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Nov 2012 19:02
If you are using Comodo then you should log into there site and create a ticket, they always responded to me this way within 12-24 hours.

apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
Cliff I have hat but there was meant to be another one when you first sign up. I didnt get due to using Chrome. Matty I have a ticket with them.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 15:26
I'm having a mare trying to get this certificate... I've submitted all my docs which have been accepted, however, they are now asking me to register my details on 192.com or scoot.co.uk. Have you all had to do this too? When trying to register it is asking me for my business name? I've told them via email and via the phone that I am applying for an Individual certificate but they still require this. Could you please help me out and let me know what you did to overcome this? Many thanks!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I just registered with scoot.co.uk only takes a few mins to do.
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 15:59
Thanks for the reply Apocolyp4, so just to be clear. You registered as a business on scoot, right? The only option I see is 'Add your Business'. Is that correct? I'm guessing you used your full name as your 'Business Name', but what did you add as your business category? Thanks again!!
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 16:16
@Funnel7

I had this same issue, since I was ex-directory. I phoned up my phone provider(sky) and asked them to list my number in the directory.

It still takes time for the websites(192 etc) to update, I found that BT's directory website updated first so I directed comodo to that instead and they were happy.

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
the apple app store process is childs' play compared to all this registering crap!
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I registered as my own company Apocolyp Software. Scoot doesnt have a software dev category so I picked internet services. And bjadams I agree this whole process is a joke its probably easier applying for MI5!
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 16:45
Ok great... I think I'll just try to register under my own name. Not sure I'm going to receive the certificate in time now anyways . Thanks!

Bjadams, I couldn't agree more!
Funnell7
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 18:16
Excellent, have just received my certificate, thanks all... Now just need to work out how to do the rest!
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
I found the easiest way to get the callback verification is to create an account on whitepages.com, then add your information to the directory. It updates instantly and you can then send Comodo the link which they will accept as proof. As soon as they call, you can go into your account and delete the information so it doesn't stay public. Still the biggest headache I ever had to deal with to try and prove my identity and I'm still not entirely convinced the certificate downloaded correctly.
BatVink
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 21:59
Quote: "Still the biggest headache I ever had to deal with to try and prove my identity"

Remember, this business is not built on trust, it is trust. It's the reason you perform financial transactions on the internet, install software without being concerned about viruses, and many other things. If you could get a certificate easily, then so could any hacker or fraudster. It's good for all of us that it is so difficult.

If Comodo gave one certificate to unscrupulous individuals, then their business would be worthless

bjadams
AGK Backer
Years of Service
User Offline
Batvink, the problem is not Comodo. Look at Apple they have all their identity verification process all inhouse. You only have to deal with Apple, not 2 or 3 different entities. Intel should do the same.
The Zoq2
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Nov 2012 23:10
Well, when they need you to send 3 confirmations of your identity, and then they have to call you to confirm that you are actually the owner of the bills with your name on that you sent to them, it's gone a bit out of hand IMO
xCept
Years of Service
User Offline
Quote: "Remember, this business is not built on trust, it is trust. It's the reason you perform financial transactions on the internet, install software without being concerned about viruses, and many other things. If you could get a certificate easily, then so could any hacker or fraudster. It's good for all of us that it is so difficult."

I understand the verification part. But, the callback process used by Comodo in this instance is flawed and egregious. I had originally sent over my government issued business license documents, driver's license, phone bill, domain WHOIS admin page, and several bank statement sheets. Even after this it came down to requiring a callback number from a public directory, and for that part ANYONE could register with whitepages.com or any random directory and enter any superficial name/phone number they want and that's what they use to call. I've never experienced anything like this after years of dealing with certification requirements for domains, Apple, Google, etc.
apocolyp4
Years of Service
User Offline
I agree with xCept. Their procedure is crazy what they say you need and what they ask for is two different things. They didnt ask for ID from me but the phone number in a directory, and after I did that they wanted me to prove I owned the domain for my email provider! After I said that wasn't possible they phoned me and I got the certificate regardless.

Since I had used Chrome it didnt work so they told me to apply again and reference my other order. I did that and they then ask me to give them my phone number even though they already had it. I gave them my number again which then they replied saying that they couldn't accept my number (the one they already verified) because I told them the number directly, and I would need to send them the directory listing again even though they already had it!

Thankfully the certificate work the 2nd time. Comodo approach seems to be one from a company still working as if its still the early 90's. I dont know when Intel switch to them as when the Appup store started they did all themselves.
Marl
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 01:12
Quote: "I had this same issue, since I was ex-directory"

Even Ex directory people have data on 192.com - its based on the census.

They can't need it for the number, since that's on the bill they ask for.

Wierd fact (about the UK, dunno about elsewhere)

Utility bills are considered better ID than passports

I once got credit for a Video using my fathers gas bill (same first initial) after my own passport was rejected as a form of ID
- so that system works (NOT)
Auger
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 01:31
I've basically had it with Comodo. I sent in all my ID and they asked me to put my phone number in a directory. I figured I'd unlist my phone and it would appear but 10 days later it still hasn't appeared in any directory. So I went and just added my name to a business directory.

Well the business directory called me back today and said it'll take 6-8 weeks to list it unless I give them $30 and they'll do it today.
bunch of crooks

I tried whitepages.com but they only do US addresses and I'm in Canada.

Anyways I gave up on them and Intel has sent me an alternate code signing through Symantec. I'm going to try and get that done tomorrow.

Auger
Matty H
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 17th Nov 2012 15:01
Quote: "Even Ex directory people have data on 192.com - its based on the census."

This data was out of date and had me living with my parents, perhaps you are right and I would not have had to take extra steps if the census data was more up to date.

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-05 21:04:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-05 21:04:50