Sorry your browser is not supported!

You are using an outdated browser that does not support modern web technologies, in order to use this site please update to a new browser.

Browsers supported include Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, Internet Explorer 10+ or Microsoft Edge.

AppGameKit Classic Chat / Balance - a game made with the free version of Freedom-Engine

Author
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 02:43 Edited at: 15th Oct 2012 02:45
There have not been many games posted yet. So I thought I would share this with you.

http://tinyurl.com/9jtjzda

It is called balance. Stop the scales from tipping over. It was made with the free version of Freedom-Engine.

Attachments

Login to view attachments
Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 02:48
Attached here is the APK file. I dont have any Android devices and would like to know if it runs and is playable.

Attachments

Waldo Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 05:52
It runs on my Ainol Elf II 7 inch tablet using Dark Elf 1.1 ROM(Android 4.0)
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 06:20
@jammy

I just want to say very nice game concept. What were you looking for on android device.

I test it out you apk on my android. i use sandwhich v4.0.4. Is the game surppose to be in 3d or 2d becuase it look 3d.

When I touch the screen, the blocks appear with no delay. What I notice but not sure if is surppose to be that the random blocks and the see saw move slow. I dont know what frame rate you got it set. Theres no way for me to tell the fps rate.

The only error i got is the title screen(pic attach) also i notice it says use mouse but i am on a tablet.

Attachments

Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 16:05 Edited at: 15th Oct 2012 16:50
Thanks Waldo Reed and leo877.

Leo the game is all 2D but yes I made the graphics to give it a 3D feel.

Blocks and Seesaw move at different speed depending on level chosen. Because of the graphic problem, You would not know what level you chose.

The graphic problem is not a F-E problem, But my mistake. I had the same problem here.

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=191735&b=46

It is to do with my lazy programming and not keeping to the same (lower or higher) case as the filenames. It will not take long to fix and I will post an update.

Woops, I just noticed lee asked me to report the problem 10 months ago, So really it is all my fault.

I thought about adding a FPS counter but decided that it was more important that it seemed smooth than actual figures.

Thanks again.

The APK creation is fantastic, So easy, I did not expect it to work .

edit - I have now reported the problem as asked by lee 10 months ago, so the help files could be updated. (sorry)

Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 16:13
Here is an updated APK version. ( Grahics Fix)

Questions

Are all graphics now fixed ?
Does if feel sooth enough ?
Does it work on a phone ?
What to call the pointer when it could be either mouse or touch ?
Can you suggest any improvements?.

I am at the character limit, but I could streamline the code a bit. I am going to add an exit button and will post an updated version with any suggestions you have in the next few days.

Attachments

Alduce
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 17:54
Compliments! a simple but really addictive game! I hope you will work to add a lot of extra levels and features! (as little terrified men running in the lenght of the main bar trying to not to fall down!
Waldo Reed
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 15th Oct 2012 22:55
"Are all graphics now fixed?" - Yes

"Does it feel smooth enough?" - Yes

"What to call the pointer when it could be either mouse or touch?"
- Tap the area where you want to drop a weight.
- Move the cross hair (+) and click where you want to drop a weight.

-------------------
FYIs/Suggestions...

- There's a game on the iphone/ipod touch called Perfect Balance, you can google it.

- Once you change the name no one should come after you for infringement reasons. And I agree with Alduce, you should run with it adding a lot to it!

- The graphics are boring. If you're looking to sell at .99 then I'd like to see cartoon graphics "agry birds style". Pay an art student or offer to advertise an artists website via splash screen for work done.

- Provide either configuration options or two modes of play, Arcade and Realism. Realism mode is what you have, true to life physics. Arcade mode can have some of the physics removed. Or just let the player turn off certain physics.
i) Magnetic weights ON/OFF or ON in Arcade mode. (weights snap on so weights are always level, never turning on end)
ii) Sliding ON/OFF or off in Arcade mode. (sliding of weights and the platform can be considered here)
iii) Newtons 3rd Law of Physics ON/OFF or off in Arcade mode. (when off, the platform is not affected by the velocity of the falling weights)

- Profide the player with a set of different weights to choose from. Lets say there are 3 types of weights falling on the right side, so there's a 3 radio button control box where the player can select the same weight piece to drop on the left side.

- Incorporate different shapes or more objects than just typical scale weight pieces. Perhaps one group of levels deals with squares, another triangles, another balls. Or with objects, one group of levels deals with birds of different sizes, etc.
leo877
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 01:36
@jammy

I tried new apk files it and the graphics are fix. Now I can choose from easy, medium ,hard. The physic look good, are using the F E physic or your own physic.

suggestion :

a result screen when the game finish; how many blocks were use form player , a total of block altogether, time telling how long
the player last.

Quote: "
What to call the pointer when it could be either mouse or touch ?"
I don't how to word it, but maybe say click mouse or tab screen.
SafePit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 07:47
Game worked great! Only comment is that it tries to start in portrait mode. You should probably put a "SetOrientationAllowed( 0, 0, 1, 1)" command in to prevent that.

Dumb question, but how did you get the media files to compile into your APK? When I tried it doesn't seem to include them in the package.

Jammy
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 16th Oct 2012 18:09
Alduce and Waldo , Great comments, info, suggestions and encouragement.

However much of what you suggest would be beyond my capabilities in the Free Version of FE. I am at my character limit and only so much could be gained by streamlining. Although, you have gave me much to think about and the response to this wee experiment has been more enthusiastic than expected, here and in real life. I might just continue this as an AppGameKit project (when I get holidays).

leo877, I am using FE physics (box2d). A result screen might just be possible. I had hoped to make a high score table but FE “write to file” does not seem to work yet.

SafePit,I will sort orientation issue. In FE ,APK creation just works. It is case sensitive though, which is an Android Issue and nothing TGC can sort. Therefore if your picture is BoringGraphic.jpg then you need to code LoadImage(1, “BoringGraphic.jpg”) . This was my problem as highlighted by Leo.

As for the mouse/tap naming issue, think I will go with “use mouse or tap screen“.

SafePit
Years of Service
User Offline
Posted: 18th Oct 2012 03:49
Thanks for the tip Jammy, I was able to get my images to load.

Looking forward to the next version of your game!

Login to post a reply

Server time is: 2024-05-04 12:07:50
Your offset time is: 2024-05-04 12:07:50